Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thursdays afternoon world cup games

• 22-06-2006 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Ghana playing well and winning 1-0

Italy and Czechs still Drawing

Ghana Game is on UKTV

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

1-0 Italy and Ghana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Italy winning 1-0

Decent for people with bets so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

does any1 know of an internet stram showing the Italy Czech match? (the bbc.co.uk site seems to be only allowing UK ppl to view their stream)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nedved's the captain on my fantasy football team, so I wanna see at least 1 assist from him, and 1 goal. That would get me 20 points from this game, and into 2nd place in the league :)

COME ON MY SON!!!

The Czechs are playin pretty good I think... Poborsky keeps wasting opportunities though.

Usa 1 Ghana 1

Arse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Czechs' down to 10 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

'Oh that's a yellow card'

'Em, I think it may be two yellows and a red'

'OH IT IS, THAT'S A RED CARD. TWO YELLOWS AND A RED. A RED CARD'

Rofl

---

Go on the Ghana!

Penalty for Ghana...

2-1 Ghana.

Polak sent off for czech republic

Ghana now winning 2-1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I cannot emphasise enough how much I HATE WORK, and that the better games have been on in the afternoon this week.

Lousy germans.

jayney its all action, there lots happening here. not looking good for czech republic but looking good for my €25 bet placed last weekn for Ghana to qualify from group!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

Come On Ghana!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Christ, the refs really don't like the US. After that gombeen they got in the Italy match who disgracefully sent two players off, they get another atrocious call against them today for the penalty. Almost makes me feel sorry for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

gimmick wrote:
    I cannot emphasise enough how much I HATE WORK, and that the better games have been on in the afternoon this week.

Lousy germans.

Second

vorbis wrote:
    Christ, the refs really don't like the US. After that gombeen they got in the Italy match who disgracefully sent two players off, they get another atrocious call against them today for the penalty. Almost makes me feel sorry for them.

Almost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

gimmick wrote:

Lousy germans.

http://www.viidoo.com/en/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

tibor wrote:
    the link to the player is broken on the site, so can't view it there

tibor wrote:

thank you for the link! I'm watching the match at home but good site to know for future reference

is there anyway to trick the bbc website into thinking i'm based in england?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

use a UK proxy server but that might make it quite laggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

finished 2-0 to Italy

damn you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Yeah Czechs shot themselves in the foot with the sending off, Italy's opener was completelyagainst the run of play

mwu ha ha ha ha.
    Even on the bench Luca Toni reigns supreme!!!!! :D

Jakkass wrote:
    use a UK proxy server but that might make it quite laggy

How do i go about doing that then????

Yeah why was he left out? Thought Gilardino did well, considering he was up front by himself no thanks to that lazy selfish layabout Totti!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Congrats to Ghana for making it to the next round. Their game against Brazil (provided they do the business tonight) should be a cracker. Couldn't care less about Italy. They're a boring side to watch and I hate how much they dive.

Yeah ditto to both those comments!

But they've got Toni!!!!!!!!! (and a fantastic sense of cynicism!)

• Advertisement

Yeah Cannavaro was saying before the game that they were gonig to have to be cynical for the rest of the tournament! Ha! At least they're aware of it! Their match against the Aussies (hopefully! c'mon oz!) will be interesting - cynicism versus lunatics crealers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Woah Buffon sure got up quickly to join in celebration of that first goal, highlight of the match!

Kulgan wrote:
    Woah Buffon sure got up quickly to join in celebration of that first goal, highlight of the match!

lol yeah..i saw that....he must have been watching from the half way line.

Maybe he put a bet on them scoring the first goal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Jesus, RTE commentators certainly don't like Italy. :) I was worried that the Czechs would sneak a draw as when Italy didn't score within half an hour of the 2nd half they just sat back. They now have as easy a route to the semi's as you could ask while Ghana probably have to play Brazil and Spain to get there.

Totti was pretty frustrating to watch, trying to score a "spoon" about 3 times. He's the type of player that needs match practice though and that was his first 90 minutes in 4 months. I was hoping for a big tournament from him but there's still time.

btw - Gattuso is crazy. :eek: Lippi looked shocked. :D

Nesta is out of the game on Monday with the same injury that kept him out of the Ukraine game. Materazzi was solid today though and should be ok to play on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

I wouldn't trust Materazzi to be solid for two games in a row! How he plays for Italy is beyond me.

vorbis wrote:
    I wouldn't trust Materazzi to be solid for two games in a row! How he plays for Italy is beyond me.
    Cannavaro could carry Terry Phelan through a game along side him. ;) He should be fine for the next match as he's fully confident now and has kept clean sheets against better players than Mark Viduka. :)

Gattuso celebrates the 2nd goal:
    http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8964/gattusolippi4oe.jpg

Apparantly it was something to do with Gattuso telling Lippi to play Inzaghi. :)

Advertisement