Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business and Entertainment Names

Options
  • 22-06-2006 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hey, this is most likely the wrong place for this, so mods, please move if needs be.

Lets say someone has a DJ alias, say, Ehhhh. Anette Curtain, and they wanna register this name, make it a registered entertainment name, how the hell do you go about doing this?
    Also, is it possible to register a company name and an entertainment name in one go?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

dahooligan wrote:
    Anette Curtain
    LOL dear god that'd be an unfortunate name alright. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I can tell by your post that you don't quite have the right end of the stick on this. A trading name and an "entertainment" name are pretty much the same type of thing.
    You can register a trading name on line with the companies office for €25 ( www.cro.ie ) which you technically should do if you wish to trade under an alias or title (whether it's DJ Jockstrap or The Big Bent Building Co). But be careful, this doesn't actually ensure any rights over ownership of the name. For that I think you need to register it as a registered trademark ( www.patentsoffice.ie ) although I've never done it so you should double check to make sure it's enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭dahooligan

Yeah, your right, I am a bit confused.
    Well lets use Dusty Rhodes for example, thats obviously not his real name, but sometimes when he gigs, cheques are made out to Dusty Rhodes, so how does that work? Dusty Rhodes technically doesn't exsist.
    I have a friend in the industry and they have an alias, they said they registered it, and they also have a registered company name and this enables her to him to cash cheques etc that are made out to the alias.
    Now if I am honest, I really don't understand this.
    I have an alias too, but I always get people to make any payment out to my actualy name. However, I would much prefer if I could have everything work related made out to the alias, if possible.
    Can someone, with a lot of patients, explain to me how I can go about setting this up?

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

you can set the business up as abs services t/a dusty rhodes i.e. t/a stands for 'trading as', you're bank will set up an account for you as adc services t/a dusty rhodes and you can cash cheques under either name.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭dahooligan

mox54 wrote:
    you can set the business up as abs services t/a dusty rhodes i.e. t/a stands for 'trading as', you're bank will set up an account for you as adc services t/a dusty rhodes and you can cash cheques under either name.:D

Ah, I see, ok, so lets my DJ alias was something very normal like John Browne, I could register John Browne as a business name and ask for cheques to be made out to my company?

(I am really sorry if I am frustrating people with my lack of grasp, I am totally new to this)

Advertisement