Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

email on 3pay

• 22-06-2006 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Is the email facility on 3pay free both for sending and receiving mails? I read a verdict about a 3 phone sold on 3 UK, and it said that in UK you have to pay for sending - only receiving is free... Is it the same here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

well assuming it is the same on bill pay it costs a small amount for sending one (dont quote me on the exact price though) and as for recieving emails dont know
    its preety crap anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

1huge1 wrote:
    well assuming it is the same on bill pay it costs a small amount for sending one (dont quote me on the exact price though) and as for recieving emails dont know
    its preety crap anyway

Well, that IS crap.. I'm happy I asked here before getting a 3pay phone, since one of the main reason I would get one was to get free email.. Must say it's very bad that they dont state on the webpage that they charge for the email.... Cannot find anything..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

1huge1 wrote:
    its preety crap anyway

Small fortune?
    Hardly, I've sent half meg files using Three on billpay and its a fraction of what it costs my friends to send half meg files on his vodafone bill pay phone.

Cabaal wrote:
    Small fortune?
    Hardly, I've sent half meg files using Three on billpay and its a fraction of what it costs my friends to send half meg files on his vodafone bill pay phone.
    So what IS the price for sending email on 3pay??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

flodis79 wrote:
    So what IS the price for sending email on 3pay??

Have you checked Three.ie? :)

Read small email = 5c
    0 -10kb
    Send small email = 9c
    0 -10kb

Send medium email = 25c
    11 -100kb

Send large email = 50c
    101 - 500kb

Read email = 25c
    10 -500kb plus

Notes:
    Small: less than 10Kb (approximately 500 words) or
    without attachments.
    Medium: between 10 and 100Kb (approximately 500 to
    5,000 words) – with or without attachments.
    Large: 100Kb to 500Kb. For email more than 500kb, an
    additional charge of 1c per 10kb charge applies.

Vodafone charges
    http://vodafone.ie/dataservices/gprs/prices/index.jsp?datatariffs=true

imho from what I've seen Three's deal is better

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote:
    Have you checked Three.ie? :)

Read small email = 5c
    0 -10kb
    Send small email = 9c
    0 -10kb

Send medium email = 25c
    11 -100kb

Send large email = 50c
    101 - 500kb

Read email = 25c
    10 -500kb plus

Notes:
    Small: less than 10Kb (approximately 500 words) or
    without attachments.
    Medium: between 10 and 100Kb (approximately 500 to
    5,000 words) – with or without attachments.
    Large: 100Kb to 500Kb. For email more than 500kb, an
    additional charge of 1c per 10kb charge applies.

Vodafone charges
    http://vodafone.ie/dataservices/gprs/prices/index.jsp?datatariffs=true

imho from what I've seen Three's deal is better
    Well, honestly I have looked all of the place at three.ie but havent found these prices... They are not the messaging costs documents for "all other costs", so where can I found it? Anyway, no way I'm getting a 3pay phone, these costs are absolutely outrageous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Cabaal wrote:
    Small fortune?
    to be fair i said small amount meaning cheap
    big difference from small fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Very big difference.

Advertisement