Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Portfolio

• 22-06-2006 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hey..
    would would one go about making a portfolio for a film/video making course?

is it that bad? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

which course you are going for?
    I graduated The National Film School of Ireland (iadt-dl) last year, and from my own experience and that of my friends heres what I know...

Presentation is so very very important!! If it is a messy portfolio, they won't even consider you.
    Photography, artwork, writings (be they poetry or essays etc) show your artistic side.
    If you are still in school, get involved in the audio/visual programme if they have one (stage crew etc).
    If at all possible, do the summer or autumn film+video course in DL ( www.iadt-dl.ie ) it costs a few bob, but it is well worth it as you show your commitment and come out of it with two films to add to your portfolio.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭EyeDeeOne

there is a course on in cork in st johns college..
    my friends are doing that and i thought why not!
    im just finished my leaving cert, but its next year we are doing this!
    my friends are paying 475 yoyo to learn how to make a portfolio..
    i figured ill do it myself...
    so i have one year and a few months!!

What would be expected to be in the portfolio, and how big should it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Why not ask your friend when they learn ;)

yeh will do,
    just wondering what the outline is..
    like what type of things will need to be on the portfolio, how long should it be.. all of that..

And if it sounds hard i better go to the course :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

well, I would say it is about quality not quantity. (thats not to say you can just arrive with one sheet of paper as a portfolio ;) )
    make it as big as it needs to be with as much GOOD work as you can.

but make no mistake, film is hard! you don't just run out with cameras and have laugh! this is not an easy option, so I hope this is not why you are doing it, but because you have an interest in it.

have a read of my firt post again, you'll see what you need to do.

best of luck!

• Advertisement

kk sound mate :)

Advertisement