Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tempest

Options
  • 22-06-2006 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Any of you see it yet? I went on Tues night - first night, Preview. WOW - I thought the set was brill - the stage on pond was cleverly done. The main cast are amazing - and supporting cast were spot on - (some of them got a little too wet i.e. ended up missing their footing and going into pond when trying to make a quick exit) I didn't laugh - I pitied them as it was a cold night. For any of you going - trust me when I say wear your winter woollies - even if you think it's going to be an equatorial evening - when you're sitting on the grass infront of a pond at midnight - it's cold. And make sure you bring something to sit on - the clever ones had fold up chairs. We brought a blanket to sit on - but if you want to get a closer view - i.e. the audience sits around the pond, then chairs which slightly elevate you, are a better idea. You can't really spread your blanket out, it's bum space only. If you do nothing else this summer book a ticket for this show. I really think Corcadorca, as a local theatre Company, deserve support and praise from their home-town-folk!!! Haven't seen any reviews yet - but enjoy! J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was also there on Tuesday and agree on the woolies point. It got quite cold later on in the night. We were standing on the bridge and had a great viewpoint on the whole shebang.

Great delivery and clever set design contributed to this being one of the best performances that I've seen in a while. It's also pretty funny in places as well. Ariel is particularly well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Just back. It rocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Didn't it just - that's what I mean about Corcadorca - they can do no wrong, everything I've seen the last few years I've left thinking WOW!!! And yes, Ariel was brill. (Any of the "extras" end up in the pond last night Damien?) On Tues we had pink tickets, so to the right of the bridge, hence when they were running across the pond, one or two of them missed their footing.

Any of you been to anything else in the festival yet, I'm trying to decide what to go to next, would like to see the performance on the Cork/Cobh train. Looks like some good stuff next week in that Unity Church/Chapel on Princess Street.

Let me know if you've got any recommendations. J

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Going to ImMortal2 tonight, let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Couldn't get tickets for that! Let us know what it's like

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

We didn't book tickets dudara, just walked in. It was excellent, really very entertaining and although it's a tad expensive, you do get the bones of three hours worth of fun.

Top Tip #1: Don't go wrapped up too snuggly as you'll be shuffling around with a lot of people, and it gets quite hot and humid.

Top Tip #2: Watch the acts with one eye and the mechanics of it with the other; particularly the counterweights (you'll see).

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Got tix for tomorrow night without any hassle. Also going to see Coraline at 1430 tomorrow. Adam, bring your kiddies if you can. Another Neil Gaiman masterpiece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭tadhgrrr

if anyone has spare tickets for this for any of the remaining nights ill take em for face value..thanks

Advertisement