Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime problems on YouTube

Options
  • 22-06-2006 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

CNet News ran an article about YouTube.com, the source and host of all our anime, and another website (the thief peekvid.com) that indexed episode content very similarly to what is done here. In response, YouTube made sure to have the "links dead".

The problem stems from the fact that this other website had an unauthorized copy of our index (which was produced entirely by ourselves) from a while back, and YouTube had direct access to all the episodes of this index. Because the bulk of the episode links have not changed between the old stolen index and that one we had more recently, the purge affected our index immensely. Only 39.2% of our index remains; 137 series were wiped.

It is unfortunate that we had to present this loss to our users in such a sudden and unexpected manner. It is to our dismay that we are no longer able to provide very much access to those who are unable to purchase or otherwise obtain anime due to economic and social reasons of their community or country. Fifty-percent of our visitors were foreign, with a large number of them visiting from developing countries where the availability of anime is less than plausible.

We will continue to run our service for as long as possible. We thank the community for their support.

We apologize for not making an official release at an earlier time but we've been tied up with other matters not related to Os2 Anime and/or Keiichi Anime Forever.

This finally explains why all the anime sites i frequent no longer work.:(
    anyone know of any other video sites apart from http://livedigital.com/?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Raziel

I'd just been thinking lately about copyrighted content been shown on YouTube...not anime, specifically, but just anything 'official'. It's a very vague issue, it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I never realised people used youtube to stream anime. Why not just dl the episodes from the fansub group's page?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Makaveli wrote:
    I never realised people used youtube to stream anime. Why not just dl the episodes from the fansub group's page?

My thoughts exactly. Why get butchered Youtube versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Gah, don't scare me like that!!!
    Youtube is the only place I can watch most of Zoids Genesis, thankfully they've not taken down any of the vids. Bought a DVD of the first 20 episodes on eBay but I'm pretty sure it's just one someone made by downloading the episodes and burning them to discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Neo Android

Downloads are okay but many people use you tube because torrenting such files would take an age, and you dont have the problem of them taking up to much space on ur hard drive.

This has happened before on youtube i think but with in a week or so the videos were back up.

• Advertisement

Downloads are okay but many people use you tube because torrenting such files would take an age, and you dont have the problem of them taking up to much space on ur hard drive.

This has happened before on youtube i think but with in a week or so the videos were back up.

So you want butchered Youtube versions then? Theres millions of ways of getting the proper quality torrent versions. Like trading with other fans for instance. Its not like modern hard disks are threatened by anime files for anything except the most obsessive downloaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Frelance

Makaveli wrote:

I find it useful to find out what an animes like, i then download episodes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

I like to download a few series and sit back and watch but others, where say there is no real story line and I'm simply bored at the time, I have no problem checking them out on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

Frelance wrote:
    I find it useful to find out what an animes like, i then download episodes later.

Same here. Saves me time and the eternal 99% frustration :mad:

Cosine wrote:
    Same here. Saves me time and the eternal 99% frustration :mad:

thankfully, it appears they havent stopped people re-uploading and all that anime is slowly reappearing. :D

• Advertisement

True but I've read that they are going to be "performing regular checks" that all material is ok and the like :(

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

The quality of most anime on youtube is actually very good now.
    People with bad quality ones either upload better quality episodes, or other people upload better quality episodes.
    It's way quicker to watch anime...you don't have to bother waiting for it to download. It pwns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 I_Am_Awesome

Yes I agree, I have watched several anime via youtube and the quality was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭[QJ]Serideth

I find getting a job and buying my anime works well as I get what I want and in good quality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I find getting a job and buying my anime works well as I get what I want and in good quality.

hah

marvellous :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Raziel wrote:
    I'd just been thinking lately about copyrighted content been shown on YouTube...not anime, specifically, but just anything 'official'. It's a very vague issue, it seems!
    Very hazy, I'm pretty sure a lot of youtube is illegal, but shush. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭GK¦ Ixion²

QFT
    Still it wears into my funds. It costs ridiculous amounts in the good old Eire for Anime compared with........well ..............everywhere else.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Anime is pretty good quailty on youtube but have to watch it in a wee box, rather download good quailty and watch it off my TV...and if it takes up too much hdd space than rip it on dvd CD. Good if you wanna check out a new series before downloading :)

carbonkid wrote:
    but have to watch it in a wee box,

Bottom right hand corner of video, click it and voila Full screen :P

Problem is that it usually gets all pixely when you have it on full screen.

• Advertisement

Cosine wrote:
    Problem is that it usually gets all pixely when you have it on full screen.

Yes, the same way that any video that is less than a quarter of your screen looks minging when you expand it. You get to see just how bad the quality is.

You can't compare the quality of Youtube with fansub quality. If fansubs were encoded at Youtube quality, they would be ~20MB and easily downloadable.

Advertisement