Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OS Irons

• 22-06-2006 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

So I went to the driving range the other week and there was a nike open day. I though ohhh I'll try out those nike slingshots that look so pretty.

So after hitting a few embarrasing shots with the slingshot tours (not the fat soled ones) I though whats wrong with me! Hard day at the office and I rushed out, maybe I was still wound up??

So then I tried the Nike NDS irons, a bit better, seemed to have a fatter shaft, hence better grip for my longer fingers to wrap around and were more forgiving.

Then I tried the Nike ProCombo OS irons and wow! I was really hitting it (I had managed to wind down a bit at this stage). It felt almost unnatural with the momentum I was getting behind the ball, and no bad shots.

I tried the others again and while I was hitting them better they just didn't feel as good as the Pro Combo irons.

I'm looking to upgrade my not so great clubs...So my question is should I splash out on what feels good now or can a monkey hit these irons? Will I outgrow these OS clubs? And are there any other points for and against?

PS. Then I tried out the lucky 13...but that deserves a whole other thread (drool....);)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

dude , seriously, ask a pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Poker & Pints

So unless you are low capper you won't outgrow the OS clubs. Basically, you can't move the ball as much with OS clubs. As advised, try a fitting from a pro in order to get the right fit. But if you like the feel of the clubs then that is important....

Advertisement