Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else get a bit smart during the Lc?

Options
  • 22-06-2006 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TommyGrav

I did twice. Both on questions that were going a a bit badly and I probably wasn't going to use so I didn't have to worry about.

Biology: We need calcium because: those bones those bones need CALCIUM!...and that's a natural law

Classics: In the Aeneid, Dido killing herself over Aeneas was a bit much. She should have just thanked him for giving her the best day of her life and let him go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

TommyGrav wrote:
    I did twice. Both on questions that were going a a bit badly and I probably wasn't going to use so I didn't have to worry about.

Biology: We need calcium because: those bones those bones need CALCIUM!...and that's a natural law

Classics: In the Aeneid, Dido killing herself over Aeneas was a bit much. She should have just thanked him for giving her the best day of her life and let him go.

a an A deserved in both for effort. at least your paper will stand out :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

numorouno wrote:
    a an A deserved in both for effort. at least your paper will stand out :D:D

Ditto! Well you'd get the marks for the first one anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TommyGrav

cheers people. Hopefully I'll get someone like ye marking the things. I'm always worried I'll get some joyless middle aged bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i was tempted to write in music today, that i liked the gerald barry piece because his piano clusters turned me on...

thought i best not..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

In Construction, it asked to show how to prvent moisture penetrating a building from the inside.

I just wrote....From the INSIDE?

...as if the question didnt make sense. I found out afterwards it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

yeah i always throw/threw in a few controversial / stupid/ insane remarks into a paper.

most of the time it backfires though and the examiner puts a question mark beside it :rolleyes: some people just aren't with it.

eg - i wrote something like the death penalty is 'a penalty shoot-out with no winners' and got back 'but they don't use guns in the death penalty' :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

god help us if we get examiners like that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fraulein

Our english pre corrector was a definitely joyless middle-aged bollocks. Are all pre correctors like that? Anyway he called the "joys and tribulations of being a teenager essay" a load of melodramatic teenage angst. What the hell were they expecting with a title like that?!! Probably just a jealous bitter old peron! And they went and gave everyone C's and D's! I got a high C. Please say that can easily be an A1 in the real thing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

The closest thing I did to that was put about a zillion !!!!!!!'s at the end of my last line of my last paper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'd give you full marks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

TommyGrav wrote:

Brilliant :D
    whassupp2 wrote:
    In Construction, it asked to show how to prvent moisture penetrating a building from the inside.

I just wrote....From the INSIDE?

...as if the question didnt make sense. I found out afterwards it did.

Yeah for that question I was the same didnt know y they wer askin for the inside. I was thinkin to myself that must be a mistake but I just said puttin DPM r sumthing behind the plasterboard

ThrownAway wrote:
    The closest thing I did to that was put about a zillion !!!!!!!'s at the end of my last line of my last paper :)

haha, that's cool.
    I drew oxegen village and a beach on the spare pages of my last exam, think it was clear where my mind was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I did it in my mocks but didnt doit for the real thing.

My funniest mocks one (in my opinion) was:
    Only Smarties have the answer...

Teacher didnt know what was goin on, he eventually laughed when I explained it to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

On the sheet that comes back with the mocks (or pre's as most of ye call them), the sheet fo the teacher reviewing the papers in general and making recommomendations for the English paper, the correcter said there was over use of the word "shít".

whassupp2 wrote:
    On the sheet that comes back with the mocks (or pre's as most of ye call them), the sheet fo the teacher reviewing the papers in general and making recommomendations for the English paper, the correcter said there was over use of the word "shít".

I was afraid of getting a prudish examiner so much that the knacker drinkers in my essay ended up sounding like posh english schoolboys in the 20's. I think "bloody" was the most obscene I got.
    Y'see, when you take swearing out of a knacker drinkers vocabulary it's very hard to formulate any kind of realistic sounding sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

yeah, i made a sexist joke in my elizabeth bishop speech to the class. something bout filth and dirt and filling station and women moaning... it was the right tone for the class right?!
    fingers crossed for a young, easy-going male corrector eh?

im my mocks i had a really bad fever and flu for history, and i kept makin sentences rhyme by accident, surely i shouldve got the pass for that? "bismark's work was undone, world war 1 had begun" etc etc.

doonothing wrote:
    yeah, i made a sexist joke in my elizabeth bishop speech to the class. something bout filth and dirt and filling station and women moaning... it was the right tone for the class right?!
    fingers crossed for a young, easy-going male corrector eh?

im my mocks i had a really bad fever and flu for history, and i kept makin sentences rhyme by accident, surely i shouldve got the pass for that? "bismark's work was undone, world war 1 had begun" etc etc.
    :D Love it.

Then there was peace after many died,
    At the treaty of versailles,
    But this peace turned out just to be in betweeny
    Thanks to Hitler and Mussolini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

DId a great one in my biology christmas exam, was asked to explain cancer.

"Some cells are damaged by carcinogens such as UV light and nicotine, and become aboust as useful as condoms in a convent. These cells then expand into other, vital areas, causing them to die"

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I was too paranoid about getting a humourless examiner to try anything especially after a story our english teacher told us about a guy who wrote a hilarious essay in his leaving that deserved an A1 but got a lot less.

A few months ago in physics we had an exam about electricity, it was a horrible test and everyone did so bad she refused to correct them after reading through them. There were some bits I couldn't get so I just wrote at the end "I don't understand electricity. All I know is that it soothes me".

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

yea i did that today in the engineering paper, the question was like why is non destructive testing important in manafacturing?
    and i said some thing like " because you can't keep breaking every thing you make other wise there would be noting to sell...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Just remembered another physics test:
    Name two dangers of static electricity.
    Damage to electric circuits, death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

In accounting.
    Explain with examples the difference between controllable and uncontrollable costs

Controllable costs are costs that can be controlled for example when you buy an iten that you control the cost of

Uncontrollable costs are costs that can not be controlled ie the opposite of contollable costs

NADA wrote:
    In accounting.

Controllable costs are costs that can be controlled for example when you buy an iten that you control the cost of

Uncontrollable costs are costs that can not be controlled ie the opposite of contollable costs

funniest part is that they will have to give marks for it! Cause there wont be enough people with the right answer!

Also, in my Thomas Hardy answer on English 2, i summed up "the Self-Unseeing" as

**"you don't know what you got 'till its gone" (courtesy of Joni Mitchell, not the Counting Crows)**

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I can see the board of education getting a lot of the personal remarks they asked for over gerald barry. It took all my willpower not to write down "Barry's peice is the musical equivilant of the holocaust", and other such high-larious remarks.

But, I do have a friend, whom after getting his parents to pay for €10,000 worth of private schooling, went into his first exam (English P1), 20mins late, answered the comprehension questions with yes/no answers, and wrote "as if you care" for the advertisement exploitation question. Didnt come in for any other exam. I would've sent him coalmining to earn back the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 unreg1987

This is a story my geography teacher told me:

Apparently this guy doing the English Leaving Cert selected "Bravery" as the title for his essay. This is his whole essay:
    THIS (huge writing filling the whole page)
    IS (nxt page)
    AN (nxt page)
    EXAMPLE (nxt page)
    OF (nxt page)
    BEING (nxt page)
    BRAVE (nxt page)
    !!!

True story! Unfortunately the teacher did'nt know what (if any) marks he got for that essay :D

that's excellent!!

should definitely have gotten some marks for that.

Probably did actually, on the marking scheme it says "Do no be afraid to award marks for "Tour de Force" essays."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fraulein

That is such an urban myth. We've all heard that one before. The version I heard was that it was called "risk taking" or words to that effect and the person wrote "this is taking a risk" and nothing else. Ooh how clever and amusing. But they lost 100 marks. Ok lets say 98.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

I hadn't a hope in French, so I was going to take the higher level paper just for a laugh, and write it all in frenglish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Yufster

One of my friends was asked to give "one fact about Martin Luther King" in his past history paper. He wrote:

"He was black"

True, true :D

Advertisement