Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new city centre?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I was only joking.
    I've no problem with them building a park somwhere, but every other week you hear skateboarders saying that there's going to be a park built here, or there!
    P.S. If they do build a park, I'll be one f the first down there to watch!
    I could do with a good laugh!:p

Yeah I can see your point, I remember when I used to skate back in the day (circa 2000) and been told there was definitely a park opening next week/month/year. We even had the mayor on our side, but alas to no avail.

If they do bulid one I might dust off the old board and show you all my mad skillz or something.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

kyp_durron wrote:
    Yeah I can see your point, I remember when I used to skate back in the day (circa 2000) and been told there was definitely a park opening next week/month/year. We even had the mayor on our side, but alas to no avail.

If they do bulid one I might dust off the old board and show you all my mad skillz or something.:rolleyes:

If you try dude I will pull mine out of storage and give it a try hope WD40 can grease the wheels from an early 90's board.

Still though I think a skate park would be beneficial but like everything else insurance will play a huge part in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

sioda wrote:
    Gotta comment on this the interpretive centre at the Castle gets so much stick and NONE of it is deserved. Anyone who wants to see the alternative can go visit Wood Quay in Dublin and find the Dublin County or City Council building outside of which you will see a lovely replica of a viking boat reason for it all evidence of the Viking village at Wood Quay are completly destroyed by the foundation work for the building.

On the other hand the building here in Limerick is a Unique suspended building which protects the remains of Limericks oldest know houses underneath it. The boards here often talk about the damage done to the city by modern development but this is one case the modern development has saved the history of the city. Ok the building mightent look the nicest but due to weight restrictions it has to be this way. I mean can anyone imagine the difficulty of building a house that doesn't touch the ground.

At the end of the day better to preserve than destroy and I think all Limerick Boarders would agree with me

I can accept that.
    Restoring the original castle was the orginal idea, but on finding those houses in the process, they definately should not have destryed them.
    I still think the center looks horrible, and something better should have been done though.

If anyone wants to read more about it, this is a good site.

http://www.elore.com/Ireland/Sites/Historic/king_johns.htm

Advertisement