Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo

• 22-06-2006 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

Get some cash on ronaldo on betfair at 20-1 ,i reckon he'll get a good few now that he's off the mark and will be in tournament to semi's or final

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I think stronger defenses will show him up tbh....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

He just scored a screamer, his second of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

he's 12-1 now so you could have made 8 times your stake already on betfair if you got on at 20-1

Ikky Poo2 wrote:
    he's getting better every game and is a proven superstar at the highest level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

Ikky Poo2 wrote:
    Agreed.But i do think he will get one more goal to go on to beat the all time record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

hmm was a bit late, threw a fiver on him @ 9.4, that 2nd goal was a beaut

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

One more goal to beat the record. I wonder what the odds on him doing that after the first game and now!

Class player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

feckin rte they only showed ronaldo's second once. not even worthy of a replay. unbelievable! when he plays badly they talk about him for half an hour but when he plays really well, scores twice and equals a wc record they barely even mention him.

the only thing that's almost as annoying is having to use the PSP for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

kinaldo wrote:
    feckin rte they only showed ronaldo's second once. not even worthy of a replay. unbelievable! when he plays badly they talk about him for half an hour but when he plays really well, scores twice and equals a wc record they barely even mention him.
    That's because all the pundits on RTE ever do is criticise. Players are hardly ever given due credit. Ronaldo is a phenomenal player.

• Advertisement

The Phenomenon has now scored 61 times for Brazil in 95 caps, but can anyone tell me if that includes his crackers in the Atlanta '96 Olympics? (as that was an under 23s competition which allowed 3 overage players)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

kinaldo wrote:
    The Phenomenon has now scored 61 times for Brazil in 95 caps, but can anyone tell me if that includes his crackers in the Atlanta '96 Olympics? (as that was an under 23s competition which allowed 3 overage players)
    No. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Who is the fat **** now? Dunphy that's who.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

In fairness he scored two against Japan. He's hardly back to his vintage. He won't get a sniff against a decent defence. He's much too static. Alot more so than he ever was.

That said, he did manage to make himself a yard for that screamer of a second goal. He'll break the record probably. Won't be winning the golden boot though. Not if Spain, Germany or Argentina make the semis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

cheesedude wrote:
    Who is the fat **** now? Dunphy that's who.

Nah, Ronaldo is still a fat ****, he does have a fantastic shot on him though and i'll always think he's great (especially in stature!)

He'll keep scoring if they pass to his feet, all he needs is a yard to score and he's really really good at making that small bit of space for himself. Actaully maybe being fat and static is his decoy, they won't close him down as they know hes not going anywhere then BOOM its in the back of the net!

Nothing like a fat genius!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

I was delighted to see him head the first goal in last night, he must be so glad himself.

The second goal was sweet and i think it may have been a response to all the bad press he has received lately....fair play to him he is still a clas player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The lad deserves nothing but respect. He's one of the greatest players ever to play the game. I hope he looses a stone weight and destroys defenses well into his 30's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

cheesedude wrote:
    Who is the fat **** now?
    Er, Ronaldo. :rolleyes:

Good to see him firing again though. The second one last night was the Ronaldo of olde.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Fair play to him, still has it. Plus he was under a lot of pressure last night after the first 2 performances, most managers would have dropped him after that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Er, Ronaldo. :rolleyes:

Good to see him firing again though. The second one last night was the Ronaldo of olde.

Don't think so mate. 11% bodyfat on a footballer that size is not fat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

He took his second goal well but he is not a patch on the Ronaldo of old. He is too big and cant run around anymore. That is sad to see when he is only 29 years old. One of the best players of his generation but not anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I am happy he has finally scored, sure he is not the same man as 2002, but he still put two away last night, even if it was only Japan. Fair play to him. :) The miss he had on in the early second half could have been amazing, him and ronaldiniho, and the backheal? that was great vision, and passing between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I was delighted for him, I knew my bet would come good, and by god, he's on his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Form is temporary, Class is permanent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Form is temporary, Class is permanent
    Thats what us 'Pool fans said bout Nando. Didn't ring true though :(

Actually, it rang true perfectly with Morientes.

You could tell from his body language last night that he's getting back to his best, he was smiling at times ,his head was up and his posture and confidence was better,he was doing a fair bit of running compared to opening games and you could see he was thinking more. i still think he's good value at 10-1 on betfair compared to much less on paddypower,if anyone listened to me last night they could have made 10-1 in twenty minutes with little downside risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Kingp35 wrote:
    He took his second goal well but he is not a patch on the Ronaldo of old. He is too big and cant run around anymore. That is sad to see when he is only 29 years old. One of the best players of his generation but not anymore.

I think he he still is one of the best players of his generation. He's strike rate speaks for itself. 2 games unfit and everyone slates him because he's not a thin person. I'll put my head out and say he'll get the golden boot at the WC....again

he is not a patch on the Ronaldo of old.

You mean he is no longer the best player in the world by a country mile? I'd agree with that. But he is still one of the best strikers in the World.
    I've often prayed that Ruud will go to Real Madrid in exchange for Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement