Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC summer program

Options
  • 22-06-2006 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Heya! Just wondering did anyone else get accepted into the UCC Summer Program starting on Monday?!? Obviously only session 2ers & Nevermores Im talking too but just wondering?!? Have to say Im looking forward to the week - should be a good laugh!:D
    Dearv - International relations - SESSION 2:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Hi, i didnt, but my daughter did. She will be there 4 the week, interested in science and law, but open to be convinced. she has been asked to present on her project, are u playing an instrument or making a presentation? if a presentation, 4 now long and what format?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

What's this? Like another CTYI except less fun or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dearv

What's this? Like another CTYI except less fun or what?

Kinda but not - its a one week free residential course down in UCC - 100 places were offered to applicants across the country who have excelled in various fields

According to the prospectus :

Students who are offered a place on the summer school will get the opportunity to live on campus for the week, and discover for themselves the social and academic enjoyment of campus life at UCC.

The successful students will:

Experience the excitement of university life at Ireland’s ‘University of the Year’
    Take taster courses in Humanities and Social Sciences, Business, Law, Life Sciences, Physical Science and Engineering
    Stay on one of Ireland’s most beautiful college campuses
    Make use of top sporting facilities
    Discover new interests and abilities
    Meet new and interesting people
    Have an experience that will last a lifetime

Heres the link if you want to take a look: http://www.ucc.ie/en/ProspectiveStudents/WorkingwithSchools/SummerAcademy2006/

So yeah a bit like CTYI- should be a good laugh cant wait!

ENRIGHT - thats cool - what did your daughter get through on - whats her project on?!? Im in law as well!!! Looking forward to it I have to say! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Dearv wrote:
    Kinda but not - its a one week residential course down in UCC - only 100 places were offered to applicants across the country who have excelled in various fields

My God! A more elitest CTYI!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dearv

Not really - its only it's first year thats why its so small! & it should be a good laugh regardless - after all CTYI started out small:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

That looks really interesting. I'd like to apply for that next year, better get up off my arse in TY and get some achievement or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

My friend is doin that- tell Cathal Kelleher you know me if you see him. Even though I don't think I do know you. Enjoy the salsa dancing anyhows...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

My guidance counsellor asked me to consider applying but I thought it might clash with Zambia and German college.

Have fun everyone who's involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

that's sounds really cool!
    obviously my redhair has made me too retarded so i didn't qualify!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

Yeah, I was asked to go but I was going to be away. Still, UCC's a great campus and in fairness, it's going to be about 80 ctyiers and about 20 people who should have gone to CTYI, but didn't, mixing for a week... so yeah... WOOO CORK CTYI!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, but it's in Cork, like.

Hmm, the de-fuzzed one does raise a good argument...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭HeyYou

That sounds more like a UCC recruitment program to me... still, could be fun I guess...

...ccu eht nioj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

That's one cryptic hidden message you got there Liz...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

ew, UCC. As we all know, nothing from Cork can ever be good. :p

... *hides*

That's one cryptic hidden message you got there Liz...

I should write a book about it "the UCC code"

Advertisement