Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a website made from a template

Options
  • 22-06-2006 9:48pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My dad needs a website for his business. Very simple, just a 5-6 page brochure site, however we need it to look very sharp and professional. The site is needed to advertise his business which is a form of Managment Consultancy. I was thinking about buying a template from www.templatemoster.com - something like this, as it is pretty cheap and I'm sure it would not cost much to get somone to insert the text etc.

Someone else told me that if you use a template then you are less likely to get a good ranking with Google. Is this true? I suppose this is not the end of the world as I doubt he'd pull in a lot of business directly from searches, its more important as a point of reference to send people to for more information. However, who knows, you might just get a business opportunity from someone stumbeling across the site looking for a particular skill.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i severly doubt templates get a lower ranking on searches....actually it's impossible. That template looks quite nice too.

I wouldn't bother paying someone to throw in some text, i'll do it for you if you want? I'm a bit up the walls but if it's in the next 3 weeks or thereabouts send me a PM and i'll sort you out.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Actually I've done a little web design in the past, so I could probably work it out myself, but I haven't got the time either and would perfer to pay someone to do it properly, dad needs it asap.
    Not sure whether to go for the flash or static as yet, perhaps I'll have the option for both...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Zascar wrote:
    Actually I've done a little web design in the past, so I could probably work it out myself, but I haven't got the time either and would perfer to pay someone to do it properly, dad needs it asap.
    Not sure whether to go for the flash or static as yet, perhaps I'll have the option for both...
    How much are you willing to pay someone to throw in text for you?
    Will the pages need to be updated regularly? ie CMS system?

Advertisement