Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom

• 22-06-2006 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

Ordered it on 3rd of May. Living in Dublin.

Promised to have it within 25 working days.

Going on 50 and still no sign. All im getting is fob offs and excuses. Anybody have this kind of problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Yep! That's SMART for you! I guess it's because Eircom won't let them do what they need to do in order for us to get a proper ISP! The bastids... :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Do you have bb at the moment? what exchange are you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Same happened to me , said I was in an active area , then wehn I swapped to them , they told me that Eircom were messing them about at my exchange. It went on for ages, eventually I had to take another supplier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

I was waiting ( am in galway ) for about three months, but in all fairness ..once the exchange side was sorted they had the router and account set up in about 5 days .

3 mbps connection , €35 per month, no limits on downloads / uploads, no line rental...... not a bad deal and worth waiting for :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I don't think the delays are on Eircom's side. It's just a plausible excuse that Smart and BT dole out to explain delays. I spoke with a Smart engineer the other day and he said that they had a huge backlog of work orders! They are undermaned and underfunded.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Do-more wrote:
    I don't think the delays are on Eircom's side. It's just a plausible excuse that Smart and BT dole out to explain delays. I spoke with a Smart engineer the other day and he said that they had a huge backlog of work orders! They are undermaned and underfunded.
    Well that explains a lot if it's true...

Advertisement