Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The whole Love Thing and Bunny Boilers

• 22-06-2006 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday got a call from this girl who I've been having a bit of fun with. Going to gigs, etc, etc. She lives up the north so I havent been talking to her in a while. So she gave me a call but had to rap it up quickly cause she was at work. She starts to apologise that she really has to go and says very quickly. Love you. This scares the ****in sh1t out of me. I havent even kissed this girl. Have I got a bunny boiler on my hands. I havent seen her in 4 weeks. We only went out 5 times. I'am hoping I heared her wrong but cant thing of anything that miight sound similar. I was supposed to give her a call back today. But I hust have thought of Gleen Close in Fatal Attraction runnoing round my head

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭michaela

Yesterday got a call from this girl who I've been having a bit of fun with. Going to gigs, etc, etc. She lives up the north so I havent been talking to her in a while. So she gave me a call but had to rap it up quickly cause she was at work. She starts to apologise that she really has to go and says very quickly. Love you. This scares the ****in sh1t out of me. I havent even kissed this girl. Have I got a bunny boiler on my hands. I havent seen her in 4 weeks. We only went out 5 times. I'am hoping I heared her wrong but cant thing of anything that miight sound similar. I was supposed to give her a call back today. But I hust have thought of Gleen Close in Fatal Attraction runnoing round my head

was it love you, or love ya, cos if it was love ya its much more casual, i say love ya as much as i say see ya later when am ending a convo on the phone,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

ah relax the caks for a second. Just because she said "love you" dosnt mean your going to get married and have babies. Perhaps she does feel a connection with you and i think it was very nice that she said "love you" really quick , its kinda romantic and childish. But if your scared of love and affection than run, run a mile ! otherwise open this door to your life and experience wonderfulness :D

good luck with whatever you choose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

michaela wrote:
    was it love you, or love ya, cos if it was love ya its much more casual, i say love ya as much as i say see ya later when am ending a convo on the phone,

Iam really hoping its was Love Ya, But she said it really quickly so I'am not quite sure which. Kinda taken back when I heared it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I'say she meant it in a loves spending time with you, best mates kind of way.

No need to buy a suit just yet! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Epicpriest

Is she hot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Epicpriest wrote:
    Is she hot?
    this is really the most important question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Epicpriest

this is really the most important question

Dam right, coz if she's hot then she can boil what she wants. and you will like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Epicpriest, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

She has probablyu forgotten she ever said it, so play things cool.

Thaedydal wrote:
    unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

Thaedydal, sorry for being a cretin, but do you copy and paste that from somewhere or do you have a button or whatnot, Im racking my brains here?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Relax for a ****ing minute.

She hasn't said "You're mine bitch", or "If you leave me I'll kill you" or "I want to be married to you within six months". She has told you what she thinks about you. Big ****ing deal. "Love you" doesn't mean that you're now bethrothed to this girl, or that you're obliged to stick with her. It also doesn't mean that you have to say it too. If you don't feel it, don't say it.

You should be flattered. It's also possible that it just slipped out, like she forgot who she was talking to. There's a good chance that she got off the phone and thought, "Oh Christ, WTF did I just say?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Thaedydal wrote:
    Epicpriest, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

Actually, Epicpriest may have a point (even if it wasn't meant in the same way).

OP, are you attracted to her? Would you like to have a relationship with her? If so, is your problem that you have a fear of commitment. Or is it that you only want to be friends?

Also, girls are generally more affectionate than guys. My current girlfriend keeps calling me sweetheart and darling and things like that, that really freaks me out (mainly because I really hate her!). That girl may be just friendly. Don't sweat it. Just see how things go. If it's going in a direction you don't want it to go, then tell her.

In fairness, nothing bad is going to happen, so you don't have to worry about your pets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

I wouldnt sweat about it, its prob how she ends calls to her friends etc. ive done it to complete strangers on the phone at work..." ok yes thats no problem.love ya bye!" Then i die of embarrassment when i hang up, im sooo used to saying it.
    Calm down and give the poor gal a chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

It might have slipped out, or it might be something she says to everyone - you'd have much more to worry about if it had been a serious meaningful "I love you" at this stage, tbh.

There are much more significant and obvious signs that someone is a scary obsessively-devoted-to-you type, and a quick "love you!" at the end of a phone conversation is not one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Exactly. I have friends who casually say it at the end of a phone call - out of habit more than anything else. She said 'love you' briefly at the end of a call not 'I love you' so I wouldn't read too much into it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ace101

I wouldnt worry about it, dude, Cool your jets

Dreamer 7 wrote:
    I wouldnt sweat about it, its prob how she ends calls to her friends etc. ive done it to complete strangers on the phone at work..." ok yes thats no problem.love ya bye!" Then i die of embarrassment when i hang up, im sooo used to saying it.
    Calm down and give the poor gal a chance!

Cool that what I was think just needed some reassurance. To answer a earlier poster question. No were not really attached we've gone out three times in three months. Havent kissed or anything like that. I'am a bit hessidant. She's just gone 19 last months and I'am 24 in two months. So i feel like a bit of a sleaze. Didnt realise she was younget then me until the second time we met.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Err you think she is Bunny Boiler because she may have said I love you. Please relax the kacks a bit mate. Unless she starts ringing you up at 2 in the morning pissed telling you that they will top themselves if they weren't with you (one of my ex's did that) or starts stalking you then you are fine.

Take it easy and enjoy getting to know the girl. The vibe I am getting from you at the moment is an extreme fear of relationships, which is natural you are male after all ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

This could be lifted straight from an episode of Will and Grace...:rolleyes:

Anyway, no need to over-react, you live in differnt countries. It was probably in a casual way and you took it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭michelle_ie

no shes just sayin it as a figure of speech!!! seriously!! been there done that! dont worry about it shes not askin for an engagement ring or anything so dont let it freak you out!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I once said 'Love you' to an engineer in Japan on the phone.

Him: 'Ok, bye'

Me: 'ok, Love you, bye'

Him: 'What?'

Me: :eek: *click*

Sometimes it just comes out at the end of a phone call, if you've just been on the phone to a family member and then phone someone else, or if your head is somewhere else completely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Silverfish wrote:

Sometimes it just comes out at the end of a phone call, if you've just been on the phone to a family member and then phone someone else, or if your head is somewhere else completely.

Hate to go off topic here but I once rang up a japaneese person and pissed down the phone at them.

A fuse had gone in the house and I was using the light of the phone to go to the toilet and suddenly heard a japaneese person in the background - I thought it was a radio somewhere and ignored it till it didnt go away. I had dialled japaneese operations by mistake - I hung up and heard nothing more about it. I had been on call that week and they had been ringing at stupid hours with stupid problems so I didnt feel so bad about it.
    Back on topic !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Perhaps with your inexperience with women you think shes a bunny-boiler. However with your inexperience with women would that matter a thing?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Silverfish wrote:

I couldn't even count the number of times I've done things like that, or blown kisses to people accidentally etc.

It was probably a mistake, or just a casual "love ya" thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

OP,

Wouldn't worry about what she said.

If I was you I'd be more worried about turning the fun into 'fun'. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Morlar, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Once is ok, if she says it again then run for the hills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

She said "Love you, bye"....she didn't say "I love you" There is quite the difference tbh.

Also you can say you love someone without meaning that you are "in love" with them. I end phonecalls to some of my close friends (both male and female) with "love ya".

You need to relax. I'm sure she'd be highly insulted if she knew you were stressing that she's a bunny boiler because of this.

I wouldnt be worrying too much mate..

A friend of mine in college used to always say that to me.. even in front of her bf, which really confused the hell out of a lot of people.. :D

But it was more along the lines of luv ya as she was leaving. We were never together, never had even the slightest hint of attraction towards each other, just really really good mates.

Dont freak out too much, meet up with her again and see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I've lost track of how many teacher's I called mom.

slips happen, coulda just been that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Relax!

If you're going out together, going to gigs & what not, why not see where this goes?

Don't allude to what was said at all - most likely it was just a simple sign off and you'll look like a total dick if you bring it up.

Happened to me before and he called me on it it was a total slip but i was with him a few months and it was just at the end of a long late night phone call,
    i said it and he was whats this now oohh u love me in a jokey way becuz i think he knew it had been a slip and i totally freaked out and started stammering etc he was laughing his ass off then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Gateway

You think thats bad!

I was in bed with my girlfriend the other night and I call her by my ex's name. It was a total slip up as I don't have any feelings for my ex but. :o

Thankfully she understood the slip up! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Gateway wrote:
    You think thats bad!

I was in bed with my girlfriend the other night and I call her by my ex's name. It was a total slip up as I don't have any feelings for my ex but. :o

Thankfully she understood the slip up! :)

man you are a luck fella!! Some girls would castrate you for that. As for the 'Luv ya' thing - Is a figure of speech often used when people say goodbye, just shows they care about you on some level - not that they are in love with you. I have friends who say it to me- and it seems perfectly normal. I have only one who says 'I love you' - and thats a whole sh!tload of a bigger statement

Advertisement