Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

GSF car parts - poor service?

Options
  • 22-06-2006 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭

I've been going to GSF for a few years now looking for bits and pieces. Just thinking back I'd say 80% of the time i haven't gotten what I was looking for. Usually what happens is I lookup the part I want on the GSF website and then ring or call into the shop in Clondalkin. But then I get various excuses eg
    -we don't have that part and won't be getting any in
    -there's a problem with our supplier
    -it's a main dealer only part
    -we don't do those parts as no-one ever asks for them
    -why would you want one of those they never wear out (said about a track/tie rod end BTW) :confused:

This has happened for various items from coolant temp sensors to track rod ends to a radiator to electric mirrors. Yet all of these items were listed on the GSF website :confused: When I pointed out the discrepancy between the website and the actual stock i got a blank look.

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What car(s) do/did you have? I've never had any trouble with GSF.

I only used them over the phone.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Mike, the cars were various Renaults.

The last couple of times I rang up they've answered the phone "Hello, German Swedish". What happened to French? :) A mistake or are they not really bothering with French makes now. If so then that may explain my experiences with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I've dealt with them a few times, managed to get saab parts that would only be available ( possibly ) from dealers or abroad. I've found them fairly friendly to deal with over the phone. I think they would have more of their stock available in the uk, as the market is far bigger there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I find with them you need to ring them in advance and ask if the part is "physically" in stock. Last time they told me it was shwoing in the system but when I got there, it wasn't on the shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The impression I get from them is that the computer system they use in the shop is a load of crap and that the people working there don't know how to use it properly. Also, the fellas working there seem to be very young (students?) and they seem to have a high staff turnover as there are new faces in there every time I call in.

I get the feeling that when I ask for something the guy has problems finding it on the computer either through his own or the computer's fault. He then gets flustered and makes up some excuse (eg saying the part is "main dealer only") to get the customer out of his face.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

WEll I got a few Parts there for my dad's Merc and there was no trouble with it at all!!

I have a suspision they are deffo more Swedish and German then French!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Bought parts for both clios and meganes off them, never had any problems. Ordered a CTS for a megane once and it was in the next day. Give them part numbers tho', don't trust them to lookup the parts themselves..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

They're good for older Citroen bits. €30 for GS spheres, for e.g. I haven't dealt with them myself, but a few I know who do have no complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 grk_car

I've had several encounters with them but never had any faulty experience.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

hmmm, grk_car digs out an old thread to defend the company in their sig!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,393 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

shillbilly

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

kbannon wrote:

Hopefully should be banned for spamming. getting annoying reading the old threads.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I now agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I only use GSF via mail-order/web. Bit pricey on postage, but no problem.

However, they'd be my second choice over www.eurocarparts.com - can't rate these guys highly enough.

> update: just noticed the dates on this thread. FFS !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

grk_car wrote:

Really... is that becuase of staff discount ?

grk_car wrote:

Ronan, is that you? :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

kbannon wrote:
    grk_car also dug this thread up: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054996907

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

esel wrote:

ooooohhhhh a shill with 2 user accounts mabey :eek:

Advertisement