Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

legal fees in buying an apartment

Options
  • 22-06-2006 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

i have been quoted 1650 euro including vat and outlay plus 650 euro for land registery fees for buying a 2nd hand apartment for 285000 euro. is this dear ? can anyone advise me if there's lower fees araound?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

it's a little high but not so much that your being ripped off, i'm being charged 1100 plus Vat and Land registery fee, was never told anything about outlays but they will probably be added on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

seems pretty standard what you are being charged....i'm being charged around 2400 all in (inc vat)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I just got my solicitor bill yesterday, the total was 2500, this breaks down as
    1300 - Solicitor
    650 - Land registry fees
    150 - fees for searchs
    355 - mortgage stamp duty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

I get charged a half percent of the value of the house/apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Noelie wrote:
    150 - fees for searchs
    I'd ask to see a receipt for that. Seems way too high for something so basic. It costs me e2.50 to do a land registry search and about the same to get a copy of the document.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Noelie wrote:
    it's a little high but not so much that your being ripped off, i'm being charged 1100 plus Vat and Land registery fee, was never told anything about outlays but they will probably be added on.
    outlays will be added alright...those prices OP quoted sound normal

jdivision wrote:
    Seems way too high for something so basic. It costs me e2.50 to do a land registry search and about the same to get a copy of the document.

Between the degree, Blackhall Place, and the apprenticeship, a Solicitor can take 6 years to qualify.

Taking up a copy document takes about 6 minutes.

I can take the giblets out of a chicken, maybe I should advertise as a neurologist...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Recently sold a house, 0.4% was the legal fee charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

I am in the middle of buying my house and when looking for a solicitor i must have rang around 30 - 40 solicitors. I am in dublin and am buying a house in meath.

House value is 317500

the cheapest quote i got for professional fee's was €950 witht he highest being up around €1900 and these were plus VAT.

Anyways went for a quote from a solicitors which is beside me just for convienence sake €990 +VAT with land registry and that, was told total would be €2400....................

dont know if this helps or not but anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

brophy wrote:
    I am in the middle of buying my house and when looking for a solicitor i must have rang around 30 - 40 solicitors. I am in dublin and am buying a house in meath.

House value is 317500

the cheapest quote i got for professional fee's was €950 witht he highest being up around €1900 and these were plus VAT.

Anyways went for a quote from a solicitors which is beside me just for convienence sake €990 +VAT with land registry and that, was told total would be €2400....................

dont know if this helps or not but anyways

OK, well your house purchase is the exact same price as my house sale, I don't know do they charge a different fee schedule on buying and selling, however my solicitors fee was €1400 (all inclusive).

• Advertisement

If anyone is looking for a good cheap Solicitor in the heart of Dublin who'll give you a quote and is very conscientious, PM me and I'll give you a name and he can give you a quote over the phone.

Advertisement