Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hidden!!!

Options
  • 23-06-2006 12:03am
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

This game is amazing!!

The plot is like the film Hollow man......

One person is the "hidden" He is invisable andhas only a knife, 3 grenades and the ability to cling to walls!!

8 people play on the SWAT team and the objective is not to be killed by the "hidden"

Anyway its a HL2 mod, but its no ordinary mod :) Its not even remotely like HL2 it just uses the source engine.......

Anyway, its only a 140mb download and its worth it;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

many servers playing the mod? any good IPs?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i played it a few nights ago...it is actually one of the only multiplayer games that can make you sh*t your pants...trying to find the hidden is some tense stuff, less focus on teamwork, more on sticking together out of pure fear.

i like the touch that you select a character and ther is an exact limit of 8 players to the swat team, cause as they get picked off one by one, you start to slowly **** your pants, until you see that slight flicker of light and suddenly GIBBED!

great fun, but i dont expect it to get the same popularity as the competitive mods, this is one for just fun.

few servers playing the mod, i found no problem finding a decent one with a good ping and friendly players to ease me in.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

There are around 128 servers :)

Its still in Beta so once its final it should gain more popularity...

Its very scarey when the whole team is dead and you are the only one left!

When the hidden found me I knocked my mouse off the desk:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yeah, C500 introduced me to that mod, fantastic idea and they have pulled it off very well. It's been a while since I have played, will probably give it a blast over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am gonna see about getting a server running on my clans machine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

sounds like my kind of mod... will definitely give it a blast over the weekend:)

Been playing this tonight and its bleeden deadly bud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Yeah couple of us tig lads had a bash tonight. Tis a sweet mod, seriously atmospheric.

Fairy

For only a handful of of servers there was a surprising amoung of cock suckers TK'ing.

Tell you what I'll get a server started today.

Fairy

Server is on 82.195.136.136 standard port. All installed and working sweet. This may not be up all the time depending on players using etc. #tig.ie and pm me if any problems. We also have ts on games3.iol.ie:8787.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, I can't recommend this game enough. Spent the guts of 12 hours playing it and it still scares the living bajaysus outta me :)

Does anyone know how to pin corpses to the roof or throw them?

Yeah JTG what a class game, most fun I've had in years, leading to early morning gaming night after night.

The hidden can lift and throw stuff using the "use" button , normally E. He can also drag corpses around and also stick them to the roof and across doorways. To do this pounce onto the room with a corpse and then altfire. The corpse will then stay there.

If you havent already bound a button to voice commands then do that soon, also set a button for pigstick and also aura view.

People if you have HL2 then get this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

did you take a screeny of your lil jobbe across the doorway earlier? It really is a great game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Sounds deadly, i havent got HL2, just CS:S, HL2 DM And DOD:S. Need to get HL2 because of all the kickass mods. Really want to play Goldeneye Source and this Hidden. Bye bye HD space when i do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Tell you what I'll get a server started today.

Fairy

Server is on 82.195.136.136 standard port. All installed and working sweet. This may not be up all the time depending on players using etc. #tig.ie and pm me if any problems. We also have ts on games3.iol.ie:8787.
    ah thanks fairy....

It is a good mod but the hidden is so difficult to play as, I cant hug the walls as long as I would like...

We'll sometimes password the server. If thats the case then jump onto our TS or join #tig.ie for the password.

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

If you like The Hidden I recommend you try out Zombie Panic. Similar sort of gameplay. People get picked off, and then get changed onto the zombie team. Until you have just one or two survivors left pegging it around the place trying to avoid hordes of zombie players. The ammo is incredibly limited (and the more you have the slower you move) so you can't just camp with a shotgun, have to keep moving around the level picking up respawning weapons.

It's only for Half Life 1 at the moment. The Source version should be ready in a month or two.

The Battlegrounds: Source rocks as well. Really unique gameplay. These HL mods are so creative nowadays it makes PC retail games look pathetic. It's just the same old **** every time from professional developers.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Im in Menorca :(

I want to go home and play the hidden NOW:D

the ip for the server there is wrong its:
    82.195.136.136 / ph33r.theirishguard.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Sounds vaguely like some server-side zombie mod I played for CS:S a while back. There are 20 on the terrorist team and they're all mostly-invisible bots with no ranged weapons. Anyone who joins the server is put on the CT team and has to stick with his team mates and face the onslaught of all these invisible zombies chasing after them.

It was fun and interesting for a bit, but quickly got repetitive. I'm really looking forward to trying this hidden thing out when I get home :D

• Advertisement

Balfa wrote:
    Sounds vaguely like some server-side zombie mod I played for CS:S a while back. There are 20 on the terrorist team and they're all mostly-invisible bots with no ranged weapons. Anyone who joins the server is put on the CT team and has to stick with his team mates and face the onslaught of all these invisible zombies chasing after them.

It was fun and interesting for a bit, but quickly got repetitive. I'm really looking forward to trying this hidden thing out when I get home :D

It is very different to the zombie servers. All original maps, weapons etc... The hidden can jump higher, run faster, is invisible and guts his opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

plus he can cling to walls

and its not a bot, so ye get some really cool hidden players who fly about the place like mad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah & its pretty cool to see all the dead bodies of your teammates hanging from the roof of a tunnel & you are the only one left...

IOA/Rackage also have a server by the way: 193.93.45.83:27015

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

heres another hidden server...

blinky.games.dcu.ie:27017

Advertisement