Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question about 'No Claims Bonus'

Options
  • 23-06-2006 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm not very clued up in this whole thing, so before I phone my insurance company to give them a mini-bollocking, could you please enlighten me.

Going through papers at home & I came across my 1 years no claims bonus cert.
    I thought, "I wonder where my 2years no claims bonus cert is", as in my mind, that's what I should have.

I read my cert & it said the 1 year bonus was issued on the 18th April, 2005.

Since then, I've had no accidents, no claims against me, but I have changed car twice.

Should I not then have been issued another years no claims bonus on the 18th April 2006????

My policy was renewed at the beginning of May, but my insurance policy details still say I've only 1 year.

(What sparked this off, is that I've just changed car again, & so changed the particulars on my policy. The new papers just came back, & they also say 1 years no claims bonus)

Anyone any ideas on where I stand, or what I should do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Hi all,

I'm not very clued up in this whole thing, so before I phone my insurance company to give them a mini-bollocking, could you please enlighten me.

Going through papers at home & I came across my 1 years no claims bonus cert.
    I thought, "I wonder where my 2years no claims bonus cert is", as in my mind, that's what I should have.

I read my cert & it said the 1 year bonus was issued on the 18th April, 2005.

Since then, I've had no accidents, no claims against me, but I have changed car twice.

Should I not then have been issued another years no claims bonus on the 18th April 2006????

Yes, you should have. Commence mini-bollocking.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yes, give out hell and demand back the amount you overpaid. BTW it is not usually policy of the insurer to automatically send out a new NCB statement every year. They are obliged to send it if you ask them though

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭oneillk

did you change insurance companies?
    If you change companies (say 6 months) mid way through the policy, you loose those six months and start back at 0 with the new company. So if you were driving for 2 yrs but had changed companies after 1.5 yrs, you only have 1 yrs no claims.
    Its crap and disgraceful that it happens, but thats the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It might just be a typo on their part. I got my proof of NCB from FBD today, and my number of years claim-free driving had magically changed from 19 to 1. I'd sort it out all the same, if it is a mistake on their system then you don't want it taking root.

Advertisement