Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staining / protecting Lattice fencing

• 23-06-2006 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

I have to stain / protect my lattice fencing the weekend, they are only about 7 months old and look very shabby alright. What would be the best / easiest product to apply?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

I recently used Cuprinol (sp?) "Ducksback 5 Year wood stain" It looks great and hopefully it will do what it says on the tin and last five years. Relatively cheap too. You can also get the spray on stuff to make your life easier but its probably expensive and there would be a lot of wastage with a lattice fence.

If you have time and really want a good finish you should give it a bit of a sanding first to remove any weather stains since it has been untreated for seven months.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭peterc14

squire1 wrote: »
    I recently used Cuprinol (sp?) "Ducksback 5 Year wood stain" It looks great and hopefully it will do what it says on the tin and last five years.

..i know.. 5 years on from post... just wanted to know how long the paint lasted? would you recommend?

I am thinking of using Ronseal 5 year woodstain but am not decided yet for my post and rail fence.

Advertisement