Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The All-Purpose "Have a Rant and a Rave" Thread incorporating Pet Hates (merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

People driving to close to the back of my vehicle...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Pet hates .......where do I start ?!

1. Cars/Trucks driving too close behind me
    2. Idiots not switching on dipped healights in poor visibility or using only parking lights (incl motorbikes which should have dipped lights on ALL of the time)
    3. Front Fogs on when there's no fog
    4. Idiots passing on the inside of the Motorway (when I'm overtaking and doing c.75-80k's)
    5. New cars with blue-tint headlamps (Mercs?)
    6. Drivers not keeping over to the centre line when turning right
    7. BMW/Merc drivers (most of them!):D

......and I could keep going.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Silvera wrote:
    7. BMW/Merc drivers (most of them!):D

QUOTE]

Bit of jealousy there Silvera?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Litcagral wrote:
    Bit of jealousy there Silvera?? :D

Maybe not, in another thread he says an Audi to be his next car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

the woman who almost smashed into me at the square this morning, it was a mini roundabout thing, i was turning right and this gob****e was coming from my left in a new Audi A4, both of us stopped just in time, i was giving it loads ''what the ****' etc! She was about to retaliate when she realized it was a roundabout, fúckin retard!!:mad::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

My current pet hate is threads about fog lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Silvera wrote:
    4. Idiots passing on the inside of the Motorway (when I'm overtaking and doing c.75-80k's)

As a general rule, if a car can manage to overtake you on the left on a dual carriageway/motorway then you're in the wrong lane. (assuming of course that they're not using the hard shoulder or bus lane)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Mainly light issues.

1. Drivers on the other side of the motorway who think its ok to have full beam on, just cause there is a bush in the middle of the road. FYI, it still blinds me.
    2. I'll second the 'headlights not aimed properly' comment.
    3. Now i'm not having a go at bikers, but you have to realise that when you have your lights on full beam day or night, that its quite blinding. I know you have to be seen, but just keep the headlight on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Anan1 wrote:
    As a general rule, if a car can manage to overtake you on the left on a dual carriageway/motorway then you're in the wrong lane. (assuming of course that they're not using the hard shoulder or bus lane)

Eh, wheres the logic in that comment?!
    Case in point - I was doing c.75-85k on the Portlaoise bypass on Friday evening.
    There were two cars in front of me (also in the outside lane) and a slower-moving car in the inside lane. I was accelerating steadily (i.e. keeping a safe distance from the car in front of me) when an idiot in a Honda CRV blasts up the inside of us and lurches into the space between me and the car in front.

Needless to say he got a (long!) blast of my full beams ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

1.) When someone gives out about a BMW/Merc driver on boards and someone replies "You're just jealous"
    Let's get something clear; BMW's and Merc are not as "exclusive" as they used to be. Both Marques over-sold Fiat this year (and last year) They're both common as muck these days. Give me an S2000 over either any day.

2.) People who don't indicate on roundabouts. Or indicate when entering, but not when exiting.
    3.) People who need to cross a lane of traffic and pull into the near lane before there's a break in traffic in the lane they wish to enter.
    4.) No brake lights. I mean, one going I can understand but both means you just NEVER check.
    5.) People who read the paper at traffic lights. I mean W.T.F.!!!%%!%
    6.) Gimme a minute...

• Advertisement

Sleipnir wrote:
    2.) People who don't indicate on roundabouts. Or indicate when entering, but not when exiting.

My dad always indicates on roundabouts, but he says he'd prefer if other drivers positioned their cars so it's clear where they're going, if that was the case indicators wouldn't be nessecary.

On the Spawell roundabout, about 5:45 on a Tuesday or Thursday, watch the amount of people in the left hand lane going to the third exit, indicating right, but in their road positions look like they're taking the second exit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Ken Shabby wrote:
    My current pet hate is threads about fog lights.

WHY?

WHY?

Because he likes winding people up...

Silvera wrote:
    Eh, wheres the logic in that comment?!
    Case in point - I was doing c.75-85k on the Portlaoise bypass on Friday evening.
    There were two cars in front of me (also in the outside lane) and a slower-moving car in the inside lane. I was accelerating steadily (i.e. keeping a safe distance from the car in front of me) when an idiot in a Honda CRV blasts up the inside of us and lurches into the space between me and the car in front.

Needless to say he got a (long!) blast of my full beams ! :mad:

Where was the car in the inside lane relative to the 3 cars in the outside lane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ChristyBrown

"2.) People who don't indicate on roundabouts. Or indicate when entering, but not when exiting."

oh you've just got my saturday off to a flying start

uncontrolled roundabouts when IDIOTS either enter/exit without indicating- a typical lazy irish couldnt give a f**k attitude

another would be when you let people move in front of you and they dont thank you - - see also roads that the left lane merges into a bus lane - esp in morning traffic,idiots who rush right up to the start of bus lane and expect everyone else to let them move into the proper lane - and its not as if they dont know the roads - Im seeing the same cnuts do it every weekday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

1. Tailgaters (they must burn for their sins)
    2. People who rest their foot on the brake pedal while stopped at the lights. It's worse at night and with cars with LED brake lights, damn things blind you.
    3. Speeders (what's the goddamn rush?)

I could go on, but people would start getting offended!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My pet hate is soemone not realising we we have a sticky for this sort of thing!

Threads merged.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You're just winding people up now Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

mike65 wrote:
    My pet hate is soemone not realising we we have a sticky for this sort of thing!

Threads merged.

Mike.

However, it seems to have become "un-stickied" in the process ... could you fix it Mike?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I really hate people putting "L" plates on backwards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I'm growing a hatred for SUV's/Jeeps/etc. Not for the obvious reason of pollution and what not, but for the fact the headlights on them are right on level with the interior mirror on my car (Micra), and at night, while stopped in traffic, their lights are completely blinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Oncoming traffic at night on unlit roads with one headlight not working, or traffic ahead of you with back lights not working!

Morons who feel that if you keep your car well, they have to key it!

People who can't park between the lines, and then smack my car with their doors!

people(other drivers) who give out about speeding when they've most likely done it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Today, coming from bray on the M50 towards the tallagh exit, im in the outside lane, doing 120kmh exact.
    Some fcuker in a bmw comes up behind me, flashes headlights at me. First reaction: is there something wrong with the back of the car? I look at speed, im still at 120kmh, then the bmw overtakes me via the inside (left) lane, only for me to see a polish reg. 5 mins later an astra, comes up behind me and now I mean behind me we could exchange words he was that close. In a 100kmh zone at this stage (as your passing where marley park would be near by) in slowing down to 100kmh from 120kmh, im at about 107kmh at this moment.
    I then decide to indicate into the left lane when it see a clear spot as I want to travel at 90ish, car speeds off.
    This is what does me, i follow the speed limits, why do these people try and test your patience. The polish driver i couldnt understand, as i was doing the speed limit dead, and with him flashing his lights, i didnt know what was wrong, no lights were on or broken. The second driver i assumed, considered that it was still 120kmh and that i was going to slow when infact i was going slightly over the speed limit for that given stretch of road.

I was begining to think my speedo was misscalibrated at one stage of todays events.

Sparky-s wrote:
    Today, coming from bray on the M50 towards the tallagh exit, im in the outside lane, doing 120kmh exact.
    Some fcuker in a bmw comes up behind me, flashes headlights at me. First reaction: is there something wrong with the back of the car? I look at speed, im still at 120kmh, then the bmw overtakes me via the inside (left) lane, only for me to see a polish reg. 5 mins later an astra, comes up behind me and now I mean behind me we could exchange words he was that close. In a 100kmh zone at this stage (as your passing where marley park would be near by) in slowing down to 100kmh from 120kmh, im at about 107kmh at this moment.
    I then decide to indicate into the left lane when it see a clear spot as I want to travel at 90ish, car speeds off.
    This is what does me, i follow the speed limits, why do these people try and test your patience. The polish driver i couldnt understand, as i was doing the speed limit dead, and with him flashing his lights, i didnt know what was wrong, no lights were on or broken. The second driver i assumed, considered that it was still 120kmh and that i was going to slow when infact i was going slightly over the speed limit for that given stretch of road.

I was begining to think my speedo was misscalibrated at one stage of todays events.

Were there any cars in the driving lane when the polish BMW passed you, were you actually overtaking or just driving in the overtaking lane?

Squirrel wrote:
    Were there any cars in the driving lane when the polish BMW passed you, were you actually overtaking or just driving in the overtaking lane?

yeah, there was a load of cars, but they were going about 100kph. Infact, the clear bit that was coming up I was going to use to pull back in, untill the polish guy over took me via it.
    The second lad came up to me after I pulled out again because of a slow truck ahead.

Sparky-s wrote:
    yeah, there was a load of cars, but they were going about 100kph. Infact, the clear bit that was coming up I was going to use to pull back in, untill the polish guy over took me via it.
    The second lad came up to me after I pulled out again because of a slow truck ahead.

Then report them, it's dangerous driving. Sorry about questioning it but the first post was ambiguous about that

Squirrel wrote:
    Then report them, it's dangerous driving. Sorry about questioning it but the first post was ambiguous about that

Yeah, I posted it late last night and just read over it once more, and you would think it looks like im saying I was using the overtaking lane all the time :D

I hate when people (usually women) pull out to the right before turning left!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Mortmain

I hate when people on the road don't drive exactly how i would like them to drive at that precise moment - inconsiderate ba*tards!

Advertisement