Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flash problem

Options
  • 23-06-2006 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

hi guys,

im having a problem with a short advertisement im making. advert is done mostly in swishmax then imported into flash and exported from there to an avi. my problem is with the aspect ratio, the advert is for tv and is 576px x 576px. when the avi is viewed on tv though, i lose the edges of the advert. i have brought the ad into premiere and centered it on a white background but this looks ugly. i think my issue is with aspect ratio, how do i fix this? im exporting the avi with the intel indeo 4.5 codec. i have an indeo 4:2 codec but this gives me an error saying it doesnt support the bitmap format. (no bmp in my flash but there are hand drawings which im guessing are seen by flash as bmp) have also tried intelindeo 5.10 codec with no results

anyone know how i can fix this :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

7aken wrote:
    hi guys,

im having a problem with a short advertisement im making. advert is done mostly in swishmax then imported into flash and exported from there to an avi. my problem is with the aspect ratio, the advert is for tv and is 576px x 576px. when the avi is viewed on tv though, i lose the edges of the advert. i have brought the ad into premiere and centered it on a white background but this looks ugly. i think my issue is with aspect ratio, how do i fix this? im exporting the avi with the intel indeo 4.5 codec. i have an indeo 4:2 codec but this gives me an error saying it doesnt support the bitmap format. (no bmp in my flash but there are hand drawings which im guessing are seen by flash as bmp) have also tried intelindeo 5.10 codec with no results

anyone know how i can fix this :confused:
    The resolution for PAL is 720x576. Also you loose a certain amount of the edge of a picture on a tv - see here for why. I think it is about 3.5% on each edge - it is marked out in adobe premiere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭7aken

cheers axer, that link says it all!! now working at 720x576 with rulers marking the 3.5%, many thanks

Advertisement