Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paintball in Ireland

Options
  • 23-06-2006 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭

I have recently moved over to Galway and wanted to know were there are any decent paintball sites in Ireland. Are these sites just the usual rambo style running through woods pretending to save the world or SupAir??

I play tournement ball and have done for many many years and want to get myself linked to a site over here to keep the training going.

On a side note, I am also led to believe that I need a licence to keep my gats and wandered if this was true. if so, what classification would this be classed as??

Any help would be great and look forward to many chats with the members.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

I just found this for anyone else interested.

www.irish-paintball.net

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

Hey Mike!

A guy is setting up a field in galway soon, it will be in athenry.
    In ireland you do need a license for a marker BUT if you suberintendent sees that you have a real reason for it then he/she can give you a letter saying you can have it. There is a new Bill coming in soon which will allow guns under 1 joule classed as toys, not sure what it will do about markers, any one else know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Do you have any details of the guy setting up in Galway - PM me them please??

I saw the amendment regarding the new classification of toys when they have a velocity of less than 1 joule. Paintball defo doesnt fall in that category (which is a shame).

Advertisement