Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood Pellet Stoves, Boilers and Installers Ripoff

Options
  • 23-06-2006 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

The new Gevernment Grant scheme "Greener Homes" is a really generous scheme. However, the gougers are at work and the prices being charged are so high in Ireland that they are taking all the good out of the grants.

This is true in several areas, but the one I am especially interested in is wood pellet heating.

I have put up a blog to outline some of the abuses. I have listed the prices for equipment in Germany, Denmark, The Czech Republic and Poland as a comparison to Irish prices.

If you a or any of your friends are thinking of installing some of these grant aided heating systems, it might be worth your while taking a look:

http://wood-pellet-ireland.blogspot.com/

It is also worth a look at EcoLogics site, especially the information on the grants.

http://www.ecologics.ie/?page_id=5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

I was just looking at your blog there.

Most informative, well done.

I would suggest you contact the Irish Farmers Journal about it. Their stories are often picked up the mainstream press in Ireland and even in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MysterFixIt

Thanks for the encouragement "maidhc"

I have already taken up your suggestion and contacted the Farmers Journal. I am so very very sick of rip-off Ireland, the country I love is polluted with GREED!!

In such an important area as Alternative Energy I am willing to do my bit to short circuit the quick buck ripoff merchants and gombeen men.

Please pass on a link to your friends and contacts - information is the enemy of corruption.

http://wood-pellet-ireland.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Alternative energy, has been of real interest to me for many years. Yet I despair at how our government appointed agencies have failed us, once again...

Why is this, corruption and brown envelopes, is the only logical conclusion :mad:

P. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

Great thread, well done. Could this be linked to the green issues forum as well? I'm sure many there would be very interested in the info you have here.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭damiand

Isnt it gas. You would probably be better off buying some models in Germany, getting them installed by unregistered installers and forgetting the grant.........oh Eddie Hobbs.....only in green Ireland....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Energies

Hi guys,
    I would like to reccommend this website:

E.nergi.es - wood pellets biomasses and stoves company directory and product reviews.

It's a community-driven website and, IMHO, a great idea. Anybody can add a company or a product and review it.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Well done MysterFixIt.
    I'm going to start building in a few months and I'm going solar and hopefully wood pellet.
    This sort of information is invaluable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Geothermal is nowhere near as dodgy as wood pellet in terms of prices .

I had a look at wood pellet over a year ago and waleked away €4-€5k fro something I could order in from Finland incl delivery for €1.5k , Its impossible to get the pellets at a reasonable cost as well even if you do save on the boiler .

complain to Eamonn Ryan the minister, minister@dcmnr.ie , that moron dempsey would have ignored you but he miight not.

I planted half an acre of biomass instead and will revisit wood pellet when its grown a bit and needs coppicing .

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ipod

hi we are intrested in all work big or small.we install pellet stoves.ground heat pumps.solar.wind energy.we are based in clare.we are a small companey looking for work in clare galway limerick ennis tipperary anywhere.we are not a rip of companey.we take pride in the work we do.or if you have any questions pleas ask.so pleas any work would be nice.thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

ipod wrote:
    hi we are intrested in all work big or small.we install pellet stoves.ground heat pumps.solar.wind energy.we are based in clare.we are a small companey looking for work in clare galway limerick ennis tipperary anywhere.we are not a rip of companey.we take pride in the work we do.or if you have any questions pleas ask.so pleas any work would be nice.thank you.

Hmmmmmmmm You are not a "rip of companey"?

Let me guess... no landline? - Mobile only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I took out my over speced gas boiler (too high a power rating wastes fuel/heat up chimney), bought S/H cast iron stove. Burns waste wood, wrecked pallets etc. Could it burn larger wood pellets and any saving over coal or briquettes?

over 1 year later still waiting for refund from Calor for gas still in the bulk tank. We have saved a fortune and it still heats the water & radiators.

Unless these wood pellets are local waste is there any benefit?

Advertisement