Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shakira Song

Options
  • 23-06-2006 12:24pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

To say I hate it is being nice. Everytime it comes on the radio at work I have to turn it off before I break it (the radio that is! I know they are so many bad songs out there but this song is so bad and f'ing annoying that I want to have a mass burning of the record!! Happy days that would be!

Rant over! Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

which new song do you mean?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I dont know what it is called and I dont ever want to know!
    All I know is that there is a line about her shakin her hips in it!! Grr I hate it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 qwert99

If you don't like it, then don't go on holidays to any sunny resort in Europe - as it is being played EVERYWHERE !!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I was just reading your reply qwert and the song came on the radio! Oh my god it really is everywhere!! Take a drink and relax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's called Hips Don't Lie. That girl seems to have an obsession with her bod. Fair enough - I'm sure many dudes would share that obsession.

A horrid song indeed.

Edit: Am I being paranoid when I suggest that Shakira is not a real person but a music industry creation - a hybrid of Mariah Carey and Beyonce.

Shakira: http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00005UDVP.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    Beyonce: http://wallpapers.wallpaperbase.com/celebs/beyonceknowles/beyonce_knowles_10.jpg
    Mariah: http://www.m-bg.net/images/Mariah%20Carey.jpg

I can't be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Dudess wrote:
    It's called Hips Don't Lie. That girl seems to have an obsession with her bod. Fair enough - I'm sure many dudes would share that obsession.

A horrid song indeed.

Edit: Am I being paranoid when I suggest that Shakira is not a real person but a music industry creation - a hybrid of Mariah Carey and Beyonce.

Shakira: http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00005UDVP.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    Beyonce: http://wallpapers.wallpaperbase.com/celebs/beyonceknowles/beyonce_knowles_10.jpg
    Mariah: http://www.m-bg.net/images/Mariah%20Carey.jpg

I can't be wrong.

That's f*cking spooky....I'll bet SonyBMG or someone have a lab somewhere growing these in testtubes.

As for the "song"? lol
    They banned it from BBC R1's playlist. My kind of station.

[edit] Absolutely no surprise that it's No.1 on iTunes in the US...

Wertz wrote:
    That's f*cking spooky....I'll bet SonyBGM or someone have a lab somewhere growing these in testtubes.

Your theory is indeed logical. Why did BBC ban it, do you know? Apart from it being ****e.

For that reason alone...they do it regularly enough with certain tracks...the only time it gets airplay is on the chart show...they've done it with stuff like crazy frog and other duff crap that got to No.1
    It's not banned per se...merely excluded...banned just sounds better :D

Yes. It feels good to use the word "banned" in this context. Yeah, BBC's done that a few times - with a Cliff Richard song a couple of years ago, and The Beatles' Free As a Bird in '95, which they reckoned was too boring for the youngsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Myself and a mate finally realised what sound her voice reminds us of.

Chewbacca.

Seriously :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Really I think it sounds like goats...no wait thats insulting to the goats.....well think of it this way at least its not the ****ing cheeky girls....grrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Doomspell wrote:
    Really I think it sounds like goats...no wait thats insulting to the goats.....well think of it this way at least its not the ****ing cheeky girls....grrrrr!
    apparently Shakira was thrown out of the choir at her school coz her teacher thought she sang like a goat. Dunno if it's true, don't see why it not though.

Anyway, i have to say i LOVE the song!! Originally I didn't care for it - not that i didnt like it - i was just indifferent to it, but now i think it's great. It's really happy and lively and uplifting and makes me want to dance lol.

Now i know Shakira hasnt got the best voice in the world, but i do think it's a good song :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

And there was me thinking she was the back-up "singer" for some other artist, since she only seems to "sing" the chorus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

apparently Shakira was thrown out of the choir at her school coz her teacher thought she sang like a goat. Dunno if it's true, don't see why it not though.

Well there you have 2 people thinks she sounds like a goat, so it must be true:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that song bugs the hell out of me too. can't believe it'll be number 1 until august.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Dudess wrote:
    Yes. It feels good to use the word "banned" in this context. Yeah, BBC's done that a few times - with a Cliff Richard song a couple of years ago, and The Beatles' Free As a Bird in '95, which they reckoned was too boring for the youngsters.

Weren't they sued a few years ago for refusing to playlist a particular chart song? I think it was status quo or a similar band that got all upset about being "banned".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

whats with the guy roaring about being a refugee and refugee camps every 10 seconds - stick him in a real refugee camp with a case of explosive dysentry and no running water or food and then hear him roar

What a fu(kknuckle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bixmoo

muletide wrote:
    whats with the guy roaring about being a refugee and refugee camps every 10 seconds - stick him in a real refugee camp with a case of explosive dysentry and no running water or food and then hear him roar

ha ha! brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Dermington

I feel the same about that Gnarls Barkley song...Its just wrecks my head because everyone loves it and its just a money spinner...

Just my personal opion though.

Oh my god! Just posting right now and its on the radio again as I start to type. Time to switch on lyric fm!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

shakira has to be one of the worst artists in a long time,, she is ****,, ,cant sing to save her life and seems to make a living out of shaking her ass.

what an annoying song, id rather skin myself alive and have a bath in acid than listen to that fecking thing one more time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Put 20 people in a room and play any song. Not everyone is going to like it. Take 60 odd thousand boards users, 50 thousand of which seem to hate everything and the other 10k just find other things to talk about.

It's simple people, if you hear too much of one song then it's obviously going to get on your nerves. As a DJ who has to play these songs 2-3 nights a week let me share some little tips with you. Don't listen to the radio. Don't watch music channels with silly names such as scuzz, buzz, snatch..and what have you. Instead, how about playing cds of songs that you do actually like and that won't make you start inane threads on public forums.

I'd say I've DJ'd about 15 nights where I have played that Shakira song and I've heard the song 15 times. It doesn't bother me at all.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

fade2black said it perfectly - there's a reason why there's CD players in cars and you can't buy a radio these days without a cd player attached.

If you don't like the pop/chart ****e then play a friggin CD.

I couldn't tell you what was number 1 at any stage int he last 2 years because I stopped listening to radio when it was taken over by hip-hop and R'n'B which just isn't my scene.

CD burner, blank CDs, nero and your favourite MP3s for the win.

....That's all well and good unless you happen to work in a communal area or in another place where CDs/MP3s are unaccceptable above the radio. At home I'll have very little radio on unless it's evening time, at work if on my own (rarely), it'll be mp3 player and 'phones...but for the most part it's good old daytime radio....so short of walking round with your fingers in your ears you're more or les stuck with Shakira or whatever other dross is being "demographically targeted" at you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Fair point wertz...I hadn't considered communal radio. And I guess campaigning for a different station would be futile against the raving hordes of pop-music loving office babes..

Thank fully being a supervisor where I work I get full control over music and tv - since its a bookie we get to watch sport all day anyways so I have it kinda nice in that respect. Imagine not having to go out of your way to see the World Cup...its the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

I know I shouldnt but I do like it. I think it just reminds me of the "shake" in the video which is all over Bebo;. Also it is the way she says "my hips don't lie". And while I think of it; Beyonce's lick in "Crazy :o in :o love"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The song is in my head as I type. Its so bloody infectious!!!:mad: It annoys the hell outta me cos its on the radio a million times a day, along with a handful of other songs. Although I think Shakira is hot, I wish she'd just shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Gotta say it is an annoying song, but not as bad as that one by the rapper with Jennifer Lopez backin him up... There's a line in it "the place was far from empty" what a load of shít, its gettin a bit of air play...cant think of rappers name, he's african american and was on a teenager tv show a while back

LL Cool J

Backing track for that is a class tune...just get rid of the "million dollar arse" trying to sing on top of it and tbh LL's best rapping days are behind him.
    Still beats sh*t out of Hips Don't Lie...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Id put Shakira slightly ahead of it.....basically cas its Shakira!

Advertisement