Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lcvp

Options
  • 23-06-2006 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to cover the LCVP course as an external extra, Because my school doesent offer LCVP and i feel it would be handy as a backup should i **** up in one subject for the leaving cert for example.
    I understand it is reletivly hard to get distinction with the whole bell-curve system for grades but an extra 50 points could be usefull especially considering i am really only doing 6 subjects(forget irish:p )
    If anyone has done LCVP what should i expect?
    I reckon i could carry it out on my own and leave the more academic lark for school.
    Plus is it possible to do LCVP with any subject combination? Most importantly
    do i need french or irish to do LCVP as there isnt a hope in hell of myself picking up irish or french simply because i do not need them for college;)
    Would my JC french and irish count towards the requirment?
    any response appreciated

-Naikon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

You will have to check your vocational subject groupings, this can be done by looking at the subject combination on www.lcvp.slss.ie/

you do realise that you will NOT get an extra 50 points in the lc, rather you can swop the points from the lowest of your six subjects for the points achieved in lcvp if they are higher ie 30 pass, 50 merit and 70 distintion.

You are prevented from doing LCVP over 1 school year, because of the nature of the course, it must be done over 2 years, in saying that the workload could easy be done in 6 months.

So it looks like its back to the drawing board for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I see.
    I am doing 5 higher subjects except maths.
    I thought it could be done in a year but evidently not.
    Thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

In my opoinion its a waste of time because of the amount of work that goes in to it. I was delighted when it was finished and dont think i've a hope of getting a distinction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I know what you mean considering my cousin put in HUGE effort and still got a merit because the department is reluctant on handing out distinctions to people who deserve them:p
    I think it is a bit of a waste at this stage.

Advertisement