Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

De Rossi

• 23-06-2006 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭

See De Rossi got a 4 game ban, there goes his world cup.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

county wrote:
    Italy won't change their team if they get to the final unless they've been hit with other suspensions or injuries by then. He only broke into the Italy team a few weeks before the WC and I was looking forward to watching him. Deserves what he got though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

eirebhoy wrote:
    Deserves what he got though.

that he did! he got the appropriate punishment for his crime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Have to agree he does deserve the ban.....totally wreckless of him to srtike as he did........there was no need for that on a football pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Have to agree he does deserve the ban.....totally wreckless of him to srtike as he did........there was no need for that on a football pitch

What he said. Scum bag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

jobonar wrote:
    that he did! he got the appropriate punishment for his crime!

He should have got the four match ban, and a punch in the face to go with it

Essien does it every other week so it seems, I'll give De Rossi the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

eirebhoy wrote:
    Essien does it every other week so it seems, I'll give De Rossi the benefit of the doubt.
    How can you give him the benefit of the doubt???

For starters what doubt is there?

DaveH wrote:
    How can you give him the benefit of the doubt???

For starters what doubt is there?
    I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a once off and his immaturity got the better of him. A lot of players do things like this once in their career, I wouldn't brand them all scumbags. Ever seen Materazzi play?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpG4AHlZrL4 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Thoroughly deserved ban.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

eirebhoy wrote:
    I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a once off and his immaturity got the better of him. A lot of players do things like this once in their career, I wouldn't brand them all scumbags. Ever seen Materazzi play?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpG4AHlZrL4 :D

Didnt di rossi stamp on a swiss player in the friendly before the world cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Italian player in dirty tactics shock! I hate the Italians cynical brand of football, they never change and De Rossi is just the latest in a long line of cheats.

I guess someone has to take over from Totti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I guess someone has to take over from Totti.
    I dunno, throwing an elbow is, in my eyes, nowhere close to spitting on someone. Spitting on someone is just disgusting and is a sign of total disrespect.

Although I can think of one exception. When Frank Rijkaard spat in Vollers hair and then when the two got sent off, he did it again and ran off!

Slurms wrote:
    I dunno, throwing an elbow is, in my eyes, nowhere close to spitting on someone. Spitting on someone is just disgusting and is a sign of total disrespect.

Spitting on someone is disgusting, but that elbow could of easily broken something. Anyway, i wouldnt be suprised to hear of rossi spitting on someone in the future.

Advertisement