Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Ticket Fix Prob

Options
  • 23-06-2006 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

Is it true... I was half awake this morning when I heard something about it on the radio

I say Fix, fix, fix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

trishw78 wrote:
    Is it true... I was half awake this morning when I heard something about it on the radio

I say Fix, fix, fix

LOL OK, have you any sources at all, links??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

It was pretty lousy of them though... Getting those poor feckers all the way down there thinking they had a chance and it was all just for effect.. they could have at least hired 10 actors if they knew who they were sending in all along... I hope they get well compensated..
    Bold BB *wags finger* :cool:

I think they should all get in the house

With secret missions

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

can anyone copy and paste the story please??

• Advertisement

22 June 2006
    Authority to probe BB ticket fixing claim
    'Big Brother' is to be investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) after claims that the recent golden ticket competition was fixed.

The ASA confirmed that they are investigating both Channel 4 and Nestle after receiving five complaints about the competition to win golden tickets in KitKat bars.

100 tickets were hidden in KitKat chocolate bars, with the lucky winners being invited in to studio, where a lottery draw, held by the housemates, decided who would be selected to enter the house.

A spokesperson for the ASA said: "It has been alleged that the draw was fixed and that the winner Susie was pre-selected."

"We are investigating whether the draw was made in accordance with the laws of chance and with an independent observer as the CAP Code requires."

'Big Brother' boss Phil Edgar-Jones said: "There is absolutely no truth in any of the rumours that the golden ticket draw was a fix."

A Channel 4 spokeswoman said: "We are aware of the ASA investigation and will provide them with information to prove there is no truth in any of the golden ticket fix allegations."

there you go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

22 June 2006
    Authority to probe BB ticket fixing claim
    'Big Brother' is to be investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) after claims that the recent golden ticket competition was fixed.

The ASA confirmed that they are investigating both Channel 4 and Nestle after receiving five complaints about the competition to win golden tickets in KitKat bars.

100 tickets were hidden in KitKat chocolate bars, with the lucky winners being invited in to studio, where a lottery draw, held by the housemates, decided who would be selected to enter the house.

A spokesperson for the ASA said: "It has been alleged that the draw was fixed and that the winner Susie was pre-selected."

"We are investigating whether the draw was made in accordance with the laws of chance and with an independent observer as the CAP Code requires."

'Big Brother' boss Phil Edgar-Jones said: "There is absolutely no truth in any of the rumours that the golden ticket draw was a fix."

A Channel 4 spokeswoman said: "We are aware of the ASA investigation and will provide them with information to prove there is no truth in any of the golden ticket fix allegations."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thanking you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

How long was there between the day of the draw and Ch4 putting all that Susie stuff in the house?

Surely it would take a good while to design/make all that crap? If the delay was only a day or two, that would point to a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I find myself in a predicament here.

I believe it was a fix, I really do.

However, this story does not mean that the ASA suspect it was a fix. They are bound by their charter, to investigate any complaint made.

I imagine that the ASA will find no evidence of a fix although I firmly believe that does not mean it wasn't a fix. I'm not generally a conspiracy nut but this time...:D

• Advertisement

that cast of her head would have taken some time to do. Even if it wasn't precise

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

You're some retard if you think a company on the scale of Endemol is going to risk so much just to get that also-ran into the house. What's the bloody point? And can you present even a shred of evidence to support this apart from blind speculation, which is all there is to it at this stage. This is so retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

four photographs to generate a basic 3D representation of her head on a computer and a good sculptor would easily have the head ready in a matter of hours.
    clothes in various sizes so that they will be available for anyone.
    sour grapes on the part of people who spent a fortune on kit kats.

DS wrote:
    You're some retard if you think a company on the scale of Endemol is going to risk so much just to get that also-ran into the house.

Is this "You're some retard" a direct insult to someone or just a generic "You're"? I ask because direct insults are not allowed and could result in a reported post ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Nestle are investigating it also.

Is this "You're some retard" a direct insult to someone or just a generic "You're"? I ask because direct insults are not allowed and could result in a reported post
    Yes I'd better clarify. That is a general purpose accusation intended for anyone willing to support the theory. I'm putting it out there in advance.

DS wrote:
    Yes I'd better clarify. That is a general purpose accusation intended for anyone willing to support the theory. I'm putting it out there in advance.

Yay, I'm still a retard by the scientifically-proven DS criteria :D

My main reason for supporting this theory is

a) It's something to do and get people worked up about :evil:

b) When I saw some of the muppets on display the night Susie went in I thought to myself "There is no way any of those blokes are going to get in, they are way too geeky! Same with some of the girls.

c) Susie was the obvious choice to upset Leah and most of the girls and prey on their insecurities. She's loaded, better maintained than Leah, has huge (fake) tits that still look far better than Leahs and would upset the bullying dynamic that existed in the house.

Ok, so you've established why it might be a good idea to rig it. (although I'd question the logic behind a scheme to get Susie in) So let's move on to the actual rigging i.e. how it was done, evidence for whatever method was employed etc.

Have your conspiracy theory if that's what you want, but seriously this is as lame as they get.

Yeah, I agree, it is lame, but as someone who doesn't support conspiracy theories, this is a nice silly one to start off with :D

I offer no evidence as this is all speculation! I cannot have "evidence" as I was not there. I cannot prove anything, hence the word "theory" in conspiracy theory. Otherwise, it would be a conspiracy proof, which is nowhere near as much fun. :(

Besides, once the assessment says there is no evidence of a fix, us speculators will claim a cover-up, if you know anything about conspiracy theories then you will know this must happen :D

All the best conspiracies involve shadowy cover ups orchestrated by "the man" and black SUVs with tinted windows and men in suits with earpieces :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

If they really had of fixed it, they wouldn't have put someone as bland and old as Suzie in. She's done nothing to aggrevate anyone in the house, she was forced to nominate the two beoches. She says nothing contreversial at all and none of the girls feel challenged by her because she's clearly a minger. Channel 4 lucked out by her going in. i saw people on bblb with golden tickets who could have been much better. Also they wouldnt have wanted another girl with so many in there, and the girls already crying out for a bloke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Giruilla wrote:
    If they really had of fixed it, they wouldn't have put someone as bland and old as Suzie in. She's done nothing to aggrevate anyone in the house, she was forced to nominate the two beoches. She says nothing contreversial at all and none of the girls feel challenged by her because she's clearly a minger. Channel 4 lucked out by her going in. i saw people on bblb with golden tickets who could have been much better. Also they wouldnt have wanted another girl with so many in there, and the girls already crying out for a bloke!

On the other hand her husband bought a ton of kit-kats and then paid 4 grand (afair) for the golden ticket. someone willing to spend that much money is going to spend a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

On the other hand her husband bought a ton of kit-kats and then paid 4 grand (afair) for the golden ticket. someone willing to spend that much money is going to spend a bit more.

All that says is that she was fanatical about the show enough to spend that kind of money on the show, so her husband bought the ticket on E-bay. several tickets were bought on Ebay for different prices. If I remember Golden Ticket 24 purchased hers from a GCSE student on ebay for 500 pounds sterling.

Q102 spent much more in their efforts to get their presenter into the house, and managed to get a ticket without having to go ebay.

I personally think something really dodgy went on. I mean, they had the golden clothing ready when she went in. Do you think they really had a weeks set of clothes made for all 34 applicants.

The thing that pisses me off more is BB using people who were in the dry runs. Pete was in the dry run for BB5, Imogen was in the dry run for BB6 as was Science last year.

When you think about it, for last years dry run you had Kinga Eugene Science Imogen

I dont like the dry run folks either billy.
    Its like they werent good enough for previous BB's, and this year Endemol couldnt be arsed looking for people so they used the ones that werent good enough in previous years.

Did Ray from bb4 I think get a golden ticket, but he said he gave it away

yeah. he had people buy kit kats from all over britain and Ireland and they found a ticket. it was given away on his show.
    dermot asked him if he wanted to go into the house himself and he said something along the lines of 'i've been there and got what i wanted from it. i'm quite happy with ohow my career has gone after being there and i think someone else should have a chance'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Pocari Sweat

How did the fix work exactly? Was it getting Aisling to pretend to look serious when all the balls in the draw globe were number 14 and carry on and look surprised, also tell the rest of the BB housemates all the balls were number 14, and tell them not to go near where the balls were being drawn.

Then get all the BB housemates to look surprised when Susie entered the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

The 'alleged' fix is that all the ball numbers were no. 14 so Suzie was destined to get in the house.

which is complete crap, as ashleyne dropped one of the balls and t wasn't numbered 14.

julep wrote:
    which is complete crap, as ashleyne dropped one of the balls and t wasn't numbered 14.
    No, it was number 3 that fell out

I've seen the screen shots and there's a few 20's in there too so that part with the balls wasnt a fix. I dunno.. maybe the balls were weighted or something so that number 14 was lighter and higher so ash could catch it :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

It cant be a fix, why would they go to all that trouble to put Princess Bland in there?

Advertisement