Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England Game Sunday

• 23-06-2006 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭

Just wondering where the best place will be to watch the England match in Dublin without having to put up with to much anti English support!!

Being English living in Dublin I was Kinda hoping to avoide Temple bar any of my fellow contrymen watching it in town???? eg Sinnots maybe??

PS if you have missed any goal until now check out below

http://www.cdm2006.b-powers.com/coupedumonde2006/

Now this is a World Cup spreadsheet - click on the result, click on the

ball by the goalscorer and watch it on video, Give thanks that the

French maximum working week of 10 hours gives them plenty of spare time

to work on their websites!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

You should try Dublin Airport........lol:p
    sorry that was bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Why not Temple Bar? I'd suggest trying Sinnots - it's usually a great place to watch a big match anyway, and I'm sure there's a good chance that both teams will be strongly supported. I'd be highly surprised if there's somewhere in Dublin that won't cater for recent converts to Ecuador.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You might get to actually see a decent England performance as Sven is apparantly going with the same system that has pretty much won every match he used it in. Carrick behind Gerrard and Lampard with Rooney up front on his own. The only doubt is whether Rooney can play on his own up front but if they got 100% confidence back with a decent win against Ecuador it is a potential WC winning team. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

eirebhoy wrote:
    You might get to actually see a decent England performance as Sven is apparantly going with the same system that has pretty much won every match he used it in. Carrick behind Gerrard and Lampard with Rooney up front on his own. The only doubt is whether Rooney can play on his own up front but if they got 100% confidence back with a decent win against Ecuador it is a potential WC winning team. :eek:
    so you saying I should drop Crouch from my FF 11? I might stick with him cos I think once England go 1 or 2 up, then Rooney will come off and Crouch is normally a good super sub. (Lex praying)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lex Luthor wrote:
    so you saying I should drop Crouch from my FF 11? I might stick with him cos I think once England go 1 or 2 up, then Rooney will come off and Crouch is normally a good super sub. (Lex praying)
    Someone's confident. :)

Hargreaves is going to replace Carragher at right-back, work that one out :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He's better than Carragher at going forward, cause he is a midfielder, and he will do a job defensivly.

England have to get width from their RB, it's essential, more important than a stronger defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

But wasn't he a disaster show in the B international when he played at right back? I didn't see the game myself but I remember the amount of criticism he received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He was terrible defensivly, like really quite poor, but so was the entier team, every single one of them.

He was quite decent going forward and that's what's needed for England to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Hargreaves is going to replace Carragher at right-back, work that one out :confused:
    It will help Becks, of course! Hargreaves will overlap far more than Carra would.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

Good bet for tomorrow.

Ecuador are 8/1 to beat England. The weather forecast for the game is 33 degree sunshine!!! Well worth a tenner if the conditions so favour Ecuador.

Incidentally, the game will be played in the revamped Neckarstadion, of Ireland 1 England 0 Euro 88 fame.

• Advertisement
Advertisement