Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skirting Boards - no moulding

Options
  • 23-06-2006 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where i can get some skirting boards with just a 45 degree chamfer taken off the top corner rather than the moulded stuff ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

My inlaws got some made up in oak from a local cabinet maker. If you just wanted standard deal skirting I would just get some 6 X1/2 and run a router along it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I had a load of 150 x 20 finished timber left over during the 2nd fix and my builder just ran the electric plane down the edge a few times and bevelled it, looks great and cost very little. I too prefer no Ogee on the skirting however I do like a little on the door reveals.

edit:Most planers even cheapo ones have a groove down the centre that allows the user to bevel easily.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

ifah wrote:
    does anyone know where i can get some skirting boards with just a 45 degree chamfer taken off the top corner rather than the moulded stuff ?

Any joinery will run that through a spindle moulder for you. Either your own timber, or they will price chamfered skirting for you. It is a quick process , and not complicated.

kadman

Advertisement