Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would have happened if croatia won....

• 23-06-2006 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Everyone has heard or seen the match with Australia v Croatia. Simunic got three yellow cards but was sometime before he was sent off. What would happen if he scored the winning goal and never got sent off like he should have been after the two yellows.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Australia would definitely have protested the final result and a replay would probably have been awarded. The logistics of a replay would be a nightmare though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Was talking about that during the game. I reckon Australia would have been given a win. Simunic was as much at fault as Poll, he knew he had gotten two yellows and still played on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

The Rte website has a report on the affair - Blatter states that Oz would have pushed for a replay and they would have got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ easy to say that in hindsight and when the situation hasnt arisen. Had the Croats went on to win, i would imagine it would have been tough titty Ozzies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Just heard on the news that FIFA stated that if Crotia had of won the Aussies would have had a very strong case for a replay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Was talking about that during the game. I reckon Australia would have been given a win. Simunic was as much at fault as Poll, he knew he had gotten two yellows and still played on.
    I don't think a result change would have been the outcome. As for Simunic not leaving the pitch and being as much at fault as Mr Poll, as far as I'm aware a player is not obliged to leave the field of play until a red card is shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

gimmick wrote:
    ^ easy to say that in hindsight and when the situation hasnt arisen. Had the Croats went on to win, i would imagine it would have been tough titty Ozzies.

Yep I agree with this outcome. It's grand for Blatter to say he would have done the honourable thing and given a replay seeing as he didn't have to.

Advertisement