Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oops

• 23-06-2006 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Can't believe i'm writing this. It's preposterous really and not a really serious issue but I need some advice. I'm in late 20s (so definitely not an infant, and normally am very mature), working in a company with about 80 people and there's a guy i get on great with. he's in another department so i wouldn't have a huge amount of contact with. anyway, went out last weekend for work drinks and although nothing physical happened we spent the whole night huddled in a corner, then on to a club and having a fab time. outrageous flirting etc. people in the smoking garden, randomers, were saying that they were sure we're a couple etc.......Fast forward to this week in work. i simply dunno how to act around him in work!!!!! the professional, hard-nosed professional that i am turns into a gibbering wreck every time i see him. the shame! don't have that much contact normally but now i can't even make eye contact. how embarassing.

PS he's kinda seein someone but it's not serious, i'm a free agent.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

welcome.
    tbh.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Grit your teeth walk right up to him, say hi, see what happens. He could be embarrassed too, but he may be really confused by you blowing hot and cold. Maybe if you break the ice with a normal conversation, even acknowledge that you feel a bit weird about the night out, you may get over your awkwardness. After that, see how it goes, good luck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Break the ice. Communicate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Go for it! Sure if you dont you will wonder... be brave!

Next time u see him just say hey hows it going and whatever maybe have a laugh about the staff night out where yous were flirting lots? Make a joke or something. Let us know how u get on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Next time he comes into your department, begin a
    conversation with one of your friends.

From a distance, make eye contact, wink at him
    then resume the comversation with your friend.
    Don't look up again.

He might come over, or he might go back to his
    department after finishing his work in your area.

Either way, it will drive him crazy and will result in him
    thinking about you for the rest of the day.

Try it.;) hehe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 smilydude

Sounds like you are really really into him! I say go for it, you'll feel better for it! Good luck!

Advertisement