Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

previous owners

Options
  • 23-06-2006 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

is it possible to find out the previous owners of a vehicle anymore ? Like the old style log books with names and address( and tea, jam,stew stains...lol).... just curious.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

If you're the owner of the car, yes. Call up the motor tax office and they'll sort you out, costs a few quid though. You'll have to prove you're owner too, I think this requires dropping in the cert to them and having ID when you collect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bring back the old log book!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

mike65 wrote:
    Bring back the old log book!

Mike.
    Sure, if they brought that back, they'd have to make up the money they'd lose with the way things are now. Do you want to pay extra tax on your petrol? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

oleras wrote:
    is it possible to find out the previous owners of a vehicle anymore ? Like the old style log books with names and address( and tea, jam,stew stains...lol).... just curious.....

You ain't seen me, roight;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

cargrouch wrote:
    Handy to be friendly with a guard;)

A guard was sent to jail in the UK for doing just that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

maidhc wrote:
    A guard was sent to jail in the UK for doing just that. :)

Oh those imperialistic swines !
    Incarcerating one of our law enforcment officers on foreign territory!

Rise, people of Ireland ...the time for rebellion has come !

...sorry ...couldn't resist ....:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The new Vehicle Registration Certtificate has a section covering previous owners, as had the now defunct Vehicle licensing certificzate

wow, that's really bad spelling ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mine dont!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

mike65 wrote:
    Mine dont!

Mike.

i assume what was meant was the "number" of previous owners..... not the question i asked .....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

colm_mcm wrote:
    The new Vehicle Registrotion Certtificate has a section covering previous, as had the now defunct Vehicle licensing certificzate

and i can only assume there was Bulmers involved.... hehe :)

oleras

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

oops

Advertisement