Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to play!

Options
  • 23-06-2006 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I'm 25 and looking for a club/people to play with on fairly regular basis. I'm considerably good, as I used to play for my university (not in Ireland). Haven't played for a while, but been active so stayed in shape. I live in Smithfield Market..Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Male / female?

How far are you willing to travel to play? You're not a million miles from Gardiner street where you can go down and play if you want which is just messing around outside I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Geena

Female. As such..would it be safe to go to Gardiner Street on my own? Pick-up games are my thing, but I'm just not quite sure if I could do that there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Geena wrote:
    Female. As such..would it be safe to go to Gardiner Street on my own? Pick-up games are my thing, but I'm just not quite sure if I could do that there..

Yeah it's grand, there does be a few females down there. Best games get going about 3/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

If you're a first timer, i'd say get down a bit earlier than that, especially if the weather is good so you can get introduced to whoever's playing down there. 3-4 games are normally in full flow and if there's 3-4 teams on court and noone leaving you might find it difficult to get a game unless you're a bit forceful ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Maybe check out http://www.dublinindoorsports.ie/basketball.php though they've broken up for the summer I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement