Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday Afternoon's World Cup Action

• 23-06-2006 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

I'm really getting no work done with this world cup!

Spain Vrs Saudi Arabia - Should be a goalfest for the spaniards

Ukrain Vrs Tunisia - No walk in the park for Ukraine but they should win

Today's bet

Spain/Spain
    Ukraine/Ukraine
    France/France
    Switzerland V Korea - DRAW

I think the Ukraine part will be the toughest

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'd agree with all them.

BBC are showing Ukraine game but RTE in their wisdom are sticking with Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ukraine to be held to draw Spain to cruise past Saudi after making heavy weather of it.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Wow!

Spain have rested their entire first 11

Canizares

Salgado, Marchena, Antonio Lopez, Juanito,

Albelda -- Iniesta -- Fabregas

---Jaoquin
    Raul
    Reyes----

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Has anybody noticed some whistle in the Spanish match. Sounds exactly like a ref's, bloody annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Roddy23 wrote:
    Has anybody noticed some whistle in the Spanish match. Sounds exactly like a ref's, bloody annoying.

That's been in almost all the matches, very annoying alright. They should give the referee a siren.

• Advertisement

Or a gun.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Dont know about a gun for Poll. It'd be like that scene out of Hot Shots Part Deux - "more kills than robocop, more kills then terminator".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

nice goal by Juanito, 1-0 to spain. Hopefully this will be the 1st of many

Spain score, Reyes free kick headed in Juanito

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Jaziri sent off for Tunisia.

They looked like they were playing a containing game with hopes to catch Ukraine late on in the 2nd half but I reckon that red has pretty much sunk that plan (and any chance of them qualifying).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I've done a sneaky double:

Spain -2
    France -2

€30@4.85

Hope Fabregas doesn't come off. Have him as captain in my fantasy football team. He's a legend for all the assists!

david villa on for raul at start of 2nd half. salgado now captain

joaquin is playing a stormer, two shots in past few minutes. the saudi keeper has kept them in this big time. rte switching to ukraine v tunisia :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

..very strange..tis like showing a film and then showing the end of another film half way through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

what just happened?
    I was watching the spain match and went out for a piss, when I came back rte are showing the ukraine game. someone tell me I'm not going mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Shevchenko trips himself and wins a penalty...nice one ref.

I'm watching the spain game using TVUPlayer, and the Saudi's are really coming back into it. Spain are settling for the 1-0 feckin eejits. They should be winning this 3-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The Ukraine game was the worst I have seen yet, not even a penalty. Anyway a few minutes to go there, looks like they will get the points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

How generous of Aragones to give Raul 45 mins. I can't wait until the roles are reversed and Spain are relying on Raul to get them and their coach out of jail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

The two games were poor.
    Suprised that the Ukraine game was so poor as both teams had everything to play for.

Typical final round game for a team that has already qualified (spain).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The Ukraine game was simply awful from start to finish. Definitely the worst game of the World Cup so far

Advertisement