Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ Showing SG-1 :shock:

• 23-06-2006 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone notice that RTÉ 2 was showing Stargate last night?

It was on at 2am (Well, Friday mornign 2am) and appears to be back in the 7th or 8th Season cant remember. Only noticed it when i flicked through.

Since when did RTÉ have the rights to show Stargate? And furthermore, why throw the thing back in at 2am :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

7th or 8th nothing, they seem to be chopping and changing between 3rd and 4th. Its been on for about 8 weeks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ooo... on RTE? Very nice ... they finnally got some taste!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

ciaranfo wrote:
    ooo... on RTE? Very nice ... they finnally got some taste!

Yeah, and they are only 4 or 5 seasons behind - unique. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Don't mind them being behind ... they're showing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

However,

We can all give out to them for putting it on at 2am on a Thursday night (/Friday morning). If they wonder why they are not getting any viewers someone should mention scheduling to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Hmmm, I did notice that, but the only Stargate episodes I have ever seen on RTE are the ones with the Replicators in them... Interesting, robots with no mind of their own just consuming resources... maybe its a political satire to replace Bull Island;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Theyve had the rights to SG1 for a good 2 years now. They have the rights to everything up to season 4 or 5 i beleive.

They used to have a consistent schedule for every Saturday at 4..they it went, and they just show it sporadically now as a filler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

The first terrestrial station i seen with the first season of SG:1 was RTE late at night, not too long after the series was put onto it's regular home of sci-fi. Was about 7-8 years ago if memory serves me correctly...it's what got me into watching the thing in the first place as i never knew they made a series after the film back then.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

The first terrestrial station i seen with the first season of SG:1 was RTE late at night, not too long after the series was put onto it's regular home of sci-fi. Was about 7-8 years ago if memory serves me correctly...it's what got me into watching the thing in the first place as i never knew they made a series after the film back then.

Yeah. They showed the first season of it and then stopped. Just typical. I remember it well, I couldn't sleep one night, it was a cold cold night...eh yeh, so I turned on the TV are there was the last episode of the first season on RTE, what a great episode it was. With an excellent cliff hanger. I would have been waiting for several years for the conclusion on RTE if it wern't for Sky One. Sky One may be a channel with no soul, but without it there'd be no decent Sci-Fi available in this country...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lealonie

yeah if it werent for Sky 1 id hardly ever watch tele, tho, apart from the few big american shows, theyre hopeless for filling their schedule wit crap they make themselves, good on em tho for playin SG tho, otherwise id have to wait for 3 years and see em on Channel 4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Yeah they are showing that stupid gameshow "Little Monsters" instead of Buffy now, Buffy is gay too, but i'd prefer IT to THAT.

Sky 1 is a deadly channel, got all the shows i watch tbh, 24, Simpsons, Battlestar, Star Trek, Stargate, Futurama and Cold Case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Any channel that does not show Big Brother is good enough for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Yeah Stargate SG1 started on Network2 at something between 11pm and 1am on Thuesday nights. I remember watching the frist season there. It was before sky started showing it. They picked it up when N2 where half way through the season. But it was a very spuratic (spell) time slot. They also used to show the Invisable man after it. Ah now that brings back memorys.

Advertisement