Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Vengeance Predictions

• 23-06-2006 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

WWE Heavyweight Championship
    Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Edge

I think that RVD will retain, possibly some interference by Heyman & the ECW Rebels

WWE Intercontinental Championship Triple Threat Match
    Shelton Benjamin (c) vs. Carlito vs. Johnny Nitro

Hasn't really been much of a built up to this match but I think Nitro could win this one and show himself more as a singles wrestler

DX Reunion Match
    The Spirit Squad vs. Shawn Michaels & Triple H

Looking forward to this match, something interesting will happen in this match I hope. Anyone think that there is a possibility of more memebers being added to DX at Vengence?

Extreme Lumberjack Match
    John Cena vs. Sabu

Sabu! I don't see Cena winning this especially when there are ECW wrestlers involved!

Best Of Three Falls Match
    Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley

Kinda torn in this match, not sure who will win but I'm gonna go with Foley

Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton
    Not sure who will win this one either, while I think/hope Angle will win. Dunno if it'll happen when he already got the win over Orton at ONS. Maybe Orton will pick up the win by cheating

Kane vs. Imposter Kane
    Does it really matter? I predict Kane!

Umaga vs. Eugene
    Umaga. Probably with interference by Duggan!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Edge

Edge to win as RVD is holdin too titles anyway so Edge winning wouldn't make a difference.

Selton has done nothin with the title so i think if Nitro won it, that would setup him up for a good push and establish him as a singles competitor.

DX Reunion Match

With Micheals bad leg, HHH will carry the match really. D-X should have some sort of help to win i'd say. Might even be one of the spirit squad...

Extreme Lumberjack Match
    John Cena vs. Sabu

I hope Sabu wins after that move he did on RAW. Didn't know it was a lumberjack match. Proabably a draw.

Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley

Flair to win i'd say. As Foley said though, should be the worst match of his career.

Orton by cheatin probably. Also the match will probably be half as good as the one at ONS

Kane vs. Imposter Kane
    Imposter Kane to keep the story going.

Umaga vs. Eugene
    Umaga despite the new gimmick Eugene has seemed to develop.

PPV seems every hit and miss for me. Some great matches but then there are some poor ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

WWE Vengeance Predictions

Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Edge

I'm pretty sure Edge is gonna win this one so that he can take the spinner title and eventually lose it to that feckin' eejit Cena.

Shelton definitly to lose but im not sure who to really. During the build for this, I don't think Nitro has been on the mic at all so I think im gonna have to with Carlito.

DX Reunion Match

Well defintly DX but how I wonder. They could bring someone in to help them as a possible new member but I don't wanna get my hopes up for that. Chances are they'll just be gettin' the **** kicked out of them for a half an hour and then they'll just pull it out of the bag.

Extreme Lumberjack Match
    John Cena vs. Sabu

Cena definitly. Its the typical formula for a cena match. The odds are stacked against him in a big way but somehow he'll find a way to win. Thats one of the main reasons I hate cena. WWE just shove the guy in our faces, dying for us to love him

Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley

Not really sure how this one is gonna go. Not much of a build up. Remember though that this is Flairs first match since he got battered by Umaga so theres a good chance he could win.

Really could go either way. Bit of a filler match TBH.

Kane vs. Imposter Kane
    Imposter kane for the win to keep the story goin. Its also possible that normal Kane will win and unmask him to reveal him as someone we might recognise although I have heard he's just some guy from OVW.

Umaga vs. Eugene
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUmaga!!!!!!!!! Don't really like him TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Edge

edge will win this, raw needs it's wwe title back. and i would like to see edge win the wwe title and have it for more than a month

um, honestly i dont mind, but i think nitro will win. but carlito i wouldnt mind ether

DX Reunion Match

come on, the biys are back :D it's DX, dx for the win

Extreme Lumberjack Match
    John Cena vs. Sabu

meh, i dont really care to be honest, although i hope cena gets his ass whooped

Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley

i dont know, they kind of did this a bit quick to be honest. so i'm unsure

angle, angle, angle, orton is gonna job to angle.... whoop his butt angle

Kane vs. Imposter Kane
    meh, i dont really care,

Umaga vs. Eugene
    umaga, cause he hasnt lost since he came and to be honest, i dont think it's gonna stop with eugene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Edge

I think Edge will win this in controversial circumstances in order to keep RVD looking strong as ECW champion. Raw looks set to get its title back though.

I think Carlito might win this one but it's very rare that two titles change hands on the same card. What the hell I'll go for Carlito. It would help his character progress as a babyface.

DX Reunion Match

D-X to win but I wouldn't be surprised if 'Mr McMahon' enacts his revenge on HBK at least which would take him off our screens for a while.

Extreme Lumberjack Match
    John Cena vs. Sabu

I think Cena will definitely win this one but I hope it's not through making Sabu tap out as that would be a joke.

Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley

Hmm. Flair had to suffer the indignity of losing his last PPV match to Umaga and he usually tends to lose when he's in his home town. Foley on the other hand won his last PPV match at ECW ONS and he tends to be willing to put guys over. I think Flair is due a win and I think he will get it.

I don't think all of ECW's should lose so I'm going to go with Angle. I'd be surprised if this match lasts long as both guys have had a terrible time with injuries of late.

Kane vs. Imposter Kane

Does it matter? I think this match will end in a no-contest to progress the storyline further.

Umaga vs. Eugene

Does anyone think Eugene has a hope of winning this one? Umaga will win. I just hope we get to hear from Arrrrrrrrrrrmando Alejandrrrrrrrrro Estrrrrrrrrrada!

This PPV doesn't look half as bad as most brand-only PPVs. There's potential for it to be a good event. The main event can be a show stealer if RVD is allowed get extreme...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Just on the Umaga Eugene match, I hope Umaga absolutely destroys Eugene, ending the gimmick, so Mr Dinsmore can come back repackaged with a new gimmick. The Eugene character is old and boring now and must go. I think/hope this match will be the last we ever see of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Edge

Edge to win setting up a Cena Edge feud culminating at Summerslam in Boston.

Shelton to retain. They generally don't like to switch to many titles in the one night so I see him keeping it.

DX Reunion Match

DX to win in what should be a really good match. This match is whats selling the ppv and I'd put it on last. The crow heat should be great.

Extreme Lumberjack Match
    John Cena vs. Sabu

Cena will win.

Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley

I see Flair winning in a match thats really just the beginning of the feud. Expect neverending rest holds by Foley and in a whacky way it'll be entertaining.

Angle. With Sabu and RVD likely to lose on this ppv, they need to keep the ECW brand strong.

Kane vs. Imposter Kane
    Could n't care less. Imposter Kane, just to keep the whole thing ticking along.

Umaga vs. Eugene
    An Umaga squash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Edge

Edge has to win this one. Hopefully he will get a decent title run this time, he deserves it as he is the best heel they have these days

I dont think Nitro has done anything to deserve the title, and Carlito held it recently so for me this is the toughest to call. Im going to go for Benjamin to retain.

DX Reunion Match

I agree this should be on last, but it is the E so its not gonna happen. Im going with the SS to cause a McMahon assisted upset.

Extreme Lumberjack Match
    John Cena vs. Sabu

Cena is still the golden boy, the boo boys of a few months ago must have banned form WWE events ;) so its odds on that he will win but Sabu is the one ECW guy getting a decent push so they might as well keep that up. Surely when the Raw vs ECW thing dies, a feud between Sabu and Van Dam will be on the cards. Sabu due to heave interferance.

Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley

I can see this one stealing the show. There is genuine heat between the two so it could be a pretty stiff affair. My heart says Flair but my head says Foley, and I dont trust either my heart or my head...*tosses coin*... Flair!!!

Orton to win to get revenge for ONS. He's gonna cheat though.

Kane vs. Imposter Kane
    Imposter.

Umaga vs. Eugene
    Umaga. Hopefully he knocks the disability out of Eugene. In responce to gimmicks post, while I agree the Eugene thing has to die, I dont see why it didnt happen at ONS, Dinsmore would fit well into ECW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cookie dough 61

B]WWE Heavyweight Championship
    Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Edge[/B]
    Ive waited to see RVD with the top prize for soooo damn long and now he's gonna drop it after a few weeks.... although he's ECW's top dog, so that counts for something. Very controversial finish that see Edge winning me thinks....

I would have said easily Carlito but Im not so sure now.... I honestly think this one can go any way despite Nitro being 'quiet'. I'll go for Shelton to retain and the whole thing to continue....

DX Reunion Match

I was saying 'suck it' all the way till I read some comments above.... a Spirit win seems likely now that I think of it, although I'd love to see D-X unveil a new member on the night.... wont happen, though :(

Extreme Lumberjack Match
    John Cena vs. Sabu

Id rather this just be an extreme match as opposed to the lumberjacks being there cos both these two can take bumps.... although I am intrigued as to what an extreme lumberjack entails exactly.... I see this one ending in a no-contest... if thats possible in an 'extreme' match

Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley

Im fearing this being a stinker, but given that the two guys in the match are two of the most 'watchable' who knows..!? Flair's in his hometown and he hasnt won in a while there so.... I dunno.... (loooooong pause) I'll say Foley but we all know its gonna continue

Kurt to win to stop this angle (no pun intended).... Randy winning would hurt ECW even more and wouldnt make much sense....

Kane vs. Imposter Kane
    The surprise package match of the night!!? B*llocks! The imposter to win....

Umaga vs. Eugene
    Bah! Who cares!? I see this garbage going on longer than it should. Umaga to win, but I just wanna see Armando!

Both a bad PPV, IMO.... but where are the Divas!?? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Edge

Edge to win, so the WWE title will go back to WWE

Shelton to retain

DX Reunion Match

DX to win

Extreme Lumberjack Match
    John Cena vs. Sabu

Cena to win

Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley

Flair to win. Foley seems to be redoing some of his ECW angles. First he was saying how great WWE is compared with ECW, like when he used to say how WCW was better. Now he's saying he's going to have a bad match, which he did in ECW. Headlock after headlock.. Could be funny if he does that again, possibly the only way he could get everyone to boo him

Orton to win, although I'd rather Kurt did.

Kane vs. Imposter Kane
    DQ for the real Kane, so the fake one wins

Umaga vs. Eugene
    Umaga

Not a great ppv, although some of it could be worth watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

YEAH, it looks like a good ppv, but not worth 22 euro....

yahooo no divas, thank god :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement