Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Help Help Help

• 23-06-2006 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Have played my new psp hand full of times. Went to load a game and its coming up corrupt file. But it loaded all the other times just wont do it know. Any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Any other games work?

Disk clean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Freedomfighter

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Any other games work?

Disk clean?

Yeah all other games work and its a psp. Im loading from 1g memory chic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

So its a backed up(copied) game?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Thread reinstated – The person says the games are on UMD and that the problem is loading old saved progress in games, not the actually the games. Restarting games, then loading new saved games works.

Looks like corrupted data, is there anyway of fixing this or can saves be found for these games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

monument wrote:
    Looks like corrupted data, is there anyway of fixing this or can saves be found for these games?

yeah a quick browse of the interweb will get save games for any PSP game pretty much. just make sure you get the EU save game, as the data on a US save game is slightly different

• Advertisement

yeah a quick browse of the interweb will get save games for any PSP game pretty much. just make sure you get the EU save game, as the data on a US save game is slightly different

Ok gentlemen, this is all double dutch to me. Can somebody in simple terms explain what i must do to sort my problem out.
    Cheers
    FF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ok gentlemen, this is all double dutch to me. Can somebody in simple terms explain what i must do to sort my problem out.
    Cheers
    FF
    tell me what game your saved data has been corrupted in, and i will go forth and get you a new file to download. however, the file will (in all probability) be a 100% completed file save, so if you don't want that, go play the game through again!

Can anyone tell me why in just came up corrupted data. Did i do something wrong. I have started over again but i really just want to avoid this happening again.
    FF

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

Can anyone tell me why in just came up corrupted data. Did i do something wrong. I have started over again but i really just want to avoid this happening again.
    FF

no u didn't do anything wrong. sometimes this happens. some games get this more often than others, and so. My advice, i use it for every game i play, no matter if it's on pc, playstation, psp or whatever. save in 2 places, and if this happens again u'll have another save to start with.

and regarding the double dutch, everytime you save, you create a file in the memory stick, if you save over a save, you overwrite the file with the updated information. People take these savegame files and upload them in the internet, so if you know how to search for them, you'll possibly find a save very close to the one u have corrupted, then you can copy it to the memory stck and off you go.

Advertisement