Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS shown on BBLB are faked

Options
  • 23-06-2006 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

This harks back to the first week that Richard was up for eviction. He was not evicted (clearly). Immediately after the C4 show, at the beginning of BBLB on E4, messages scrolled across the bottom of the screen saying things along the lines of "so sorry to see Richard kicked out, he was d best housemate" - I saw at least 5 of these messages before the ticker was removed. Obviously they had prepared sets of fake SMS depending on who was evicted, and then clicked on the wrong one.
    Anyone else see this?
    I wonder how much of the Public interaction on BBLB is fake.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

A lot of it. There is an investigation about the golden ticket winner. But there is a lot about the house that is fake and other stuff needs answers. Here is a few: When do they wash clothes? Why when someone is evicted, especially a girl does she look like she just stepped out of a stylist's room?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Big Brothers Big Mouth, I presume you mean.

I suspect it's a little bit of "seeding" - i.e having a few messages ready, using them and they then generate messages from other users.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 colf

yaledo wrote:
    This harks back to the first week that Richard was up for eviction. He was not evicted (clearly). Immediately after the C4 show, at the beginning of BBLB on E4, messages scrolled across the bottom of the screen saying things along the lines of "so sorry to see Richard kicked out, he was d best housemate" - I saw at least 5 of these messages before the ticker was removed. Obviously they had prepared sets of fake SMS depending on who was evicted, and then clicked on the wrong one.
    Anyone else see this?
    I wonder how much of the Public interaction on BBLB is fake.

Yep I saw them, It was on the Big Brothers Big Mouth. I wasnt sure what was going on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Yeah, I saw them too. It looks as if there's a lot of stuff being rigged on this programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

not all the text messages come in when the show is on. many are sent throughout the day.
    when richard was up for eviction, several people would have sent messages early in the day, under the impression that he was going to be evicted. these would be stored and ready for use had he been evicted. someone just pressed the wrong button.

the house is also being investigated due to its similarity to the stage used to fake the moon landings and the asassination of JFK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Except that night Richard was up against Sezer. I don't think anyone expected Richard to be evicted over Sezer, considering Sezer got 92% of the vote!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

Richard was favourite in the bookies

• Registered Users Posts: 33,359 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hey, if it brings in the cash and gets people to text in at 50p a go, that's what they're there for...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

A lot of it. There is an investigation about the golden ticket winner. But there is a lot about the house that is fake and other stuff needs answers. Here is a few: When do they wash clothes? Why when someone is evicted, especially a girl does she look like she just stepped out of a stylist's room?
    The highlights show is the past 24 hours chopped down to 45 minutes. Are you forgetting that other things happen during the other 23hrs and 15mins?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The richard messages were a part of a test used during rehersals or dummy run of the show. to make sure the graphics and crap is working properly. They were accidentaly ran again during the live show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

rip2roar wrote:
    Richard was favourite in the bookies

Which bookies? paddypower and william hill had slezer as odds on favourite to go...

about the sms messages scrolling along the screen, i had my doubts about them being real alright. wondered if they were pre-typed up earlier in the day by someone working on the show.

Advertisement