Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help (Trying to put on a play...)

Options
  • 23-06-2006 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

No budget...trying to put on a play. I know it's not easy but I'm determined... can anybody in the west (galway) be of any help to me. Need somehow to rig lights in a non theatre space and also build a stage. I know I know...suicide mission!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

What is the non theatre space and does it have an adequate power supply? Do you have your own lamps with control? What are the hanging options in the space? What are the dimensions of the stage? What will the floor be finished in and what sort of action will happen on it? You may find someone in the Gardening/DIY forum to help with the stage. Try the local youth theatre. They are usually a good avenue for resources and contacts. Macnas should be getting ready for the arts festival down in the fisheries field soon and there may be some heads there that would be interested in a non theatre space project. Hope it goes well. What is the play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 shutupandlisten

well.. this mighn't be as bad as it seems.. creativity darlin! What type of space is it going to be held in? And more importantly whats the play or what type of play is it?

Advertisement