Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CJB Poll

Options
  • 23-06-2006 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Which of the following new items in the CJB do you think is most important or likely to most effect you (be that effect positive or negative).

I have deliberately left out the whole undefined range and range inspector thing as it, well, undefined ! I’ve also left out things like the absence of a ban on any gun or calibre as that still a bit vague (as we don’t yet know what may be restricted).

I’ll nail my colours to the mast here and say that I think the new license conditions are the most important and likely to have the most impact on me personally.

What is the most important item in the new CJB to you 31 votes

Move from 1 to 3 year license
    0% 0 votes
    New under training license for 14 year olds and up
    32% 10 votes
    Regularisation of reloading
    12% 4 votes
    New license conditions (competence, mental health and referees)
    16% 5 votes
    Deregulation of <1 joule systems (airsoft)
    38% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

3 year licencing will make it handier for me

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Definitley the deregulation of less than one joule of energy systems. I have the money sitting here for my first AEG. And then I'm buying a sniper rifle. I've waited years for it to become legal. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

I would have voted for the regularisation,but it is too much of a barbed problem with more favours to the liscensing bodies not to grant you a liscense than to grant you one.So the only other good point is the three year liscense.But it is a phryic victory,as is this whole sorry cobbled together mess of proposed law.Maybe our grand kids will have another chance to straighten this out,I doubt we will.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭17HMR

Only 17.5% of those that viewed the poll actually voted.

Perhaps the CJB is really only of interest to a few of us and no one on here is representing the greater shooting population's interests ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

17HMR wrote:

Perhaps the CJB is really only of interest to a few of us and no one on here is representing the greater shooting population's interests ?

maybe people viewed the thread more than once. I know i have viewed it a load of times anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

17HMR wrote:

I reckon Vegeta is closer to the mark, i have popped into this thread numerous times but only cast a single vote like yourself i'm sure. but you do make a point on which i will comment.

Normally i don't post regarding the CJB, simply because i do not know enough about it to do so in a productive manner. I will not get involved in reiterating what others have posted for the sake of doing it. It gets quite tedious wadding through guff for a few morsels of constructive imformation, so i would imagine only the most diehard shooter would be bothered giving it a second glance.

Personally i am equally grateful to all those involved in the betterment of our sport. Its not so many years ago that we could only have dreamed about the range of calibers we can now have, not to mention pistols. As hunters we should have the virtue of patience, "Rome was not built in a day". These things take a long time and it will require a little give and take. I deal with with the government almost every day of the week so believe me when i say long time. I too have my concerns but i'll continue to trust those who have brought us this far.

I think we all know a few likely lads, who if we had our way would not be allowed a firearms permit and yet they pull out the dusty o/u every autumn and go on the rampage blasting away at anything that moves. Often leaving the poor misfortunate creature where in drops( if you shoot it, ate it). So what, if they impliment a few conditions? would it not be better to be rid of the trigger happy rambo types? if your straight up you have nothing to fear!

And just one last thing, the willy measuring competitions that go on here are not constructive. Forums are for fact sharing and lively debate, not back biting.

P.S. This is not aimed at you 17HMR

"And thats all i gotta say bout that"

Advertisement