Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Ball

Options
  • 23-06-2006 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Brods

anyone going? whats the dress code?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Do you mean the debs??

it was a great night!

those Cherry-Bombs were amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Brods

sure was! and the apple jacks, wow!! live for them!!
    what a night, eddie rockets at 4, leisureplex til 6, stumbled down the road and slept through my hangover! cant complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Faerie wrote:
    Do you mean the debs??
    No, this is an annual booze-up at the Leopardstown Pavillion. Wasn't overly entralled with it last year, but it's OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

jo2581.jpg

beat that, handpicked by myself for the other half ;) stunning if i do say so myself. there is no finer dress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

pity about the colour

comes in red and purple also :)

however i like the lime green which fades into a light green and then silver. i'm getting a lime green tie also. so we'll be noticed, and that's what the debs is all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Its strange how ye call it the debs. Its called the grad in my part of the country and we do mocks not pre's. Anyway when is your "debs" on???

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

we do mocks too
    they're not actually talkin about the debs they're talking about some party thats on when the leaving certs over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

whassupp2 wrote:
    Its strange how ye call it the debs. Its called the grad in my part of the country and we do mocks not pre's. Anyway when is your "debs" on???

County Louth or Meath by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

im GLAD i didnt go...i heard that it was utter ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

im still confused as to what the hell it is?

another teenager "we're so great we've finished the leaving cert" piss up?

(sorry.. i spent the last 4 days with a group of 21 year olds, and i realised how much i hate going out with people my own age..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

NADA wrote:
    County Louth or Meath by any chance?

nope. the beutiful county of Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Brods

well isnt rockerette just great!! :p
    21 year olds, meh... i could be 21 if i wanted to be... wear a scarf and drink coffee, chill in the Pav... MEH I say, meh!

it was a laugh, met loadsa people i havent seen in ages, didnt do the whole dancing thing tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Rockerette wrote:
    im still confused as to what the hell it is?

another teenager "we're so great we've finished the leaving cert" piss up?

(sorry.. i spent the last 4 days with a group of 21 year olds, and i realised how much i hate going out with people my own age..)

Who the hell do you think you are saying stuff like that? Because, I'm sure, being 3 years older gives you are wise and condescending outlook on the world.

I went and had an absolutely brilliant night, getting pissed celebrating the fact I'm finished the leaving cert. Oh the shame.

i stand my my statement guys.

f!uck yis all if you're gonna be like that about it.

you clearly dont know me very well, im an unsociable whore, who hates going out with the intention to get completely pissed. i despise a lot of the people in my year, and i rarely enjoy going out with them.

but thats just me, its the way i am.

i had one of the best weekends ever there last weekend, cos the people i was with were so much fun, they dont drink to get drunk, they were just FUN. yeah theyre 3 years older, and it DOES make a difference..

i cna guarantee if i went on that exact weekend with my friends, i wouldnt have enjoyed it as much.

but yeah, as i general rule i dont like going out wiht people my own age, if that makes me a stupid cow, fine. im just ebing honest.

you dont know me at all guys, so just.. meh.

Funkstard, where does the wise and condescending outlook come into this??

god im fed up even bothering anymore. i really do have the mind of a 60 year old man clearly.

ah well, thats the way i am. and yeah.. meh.
    go on, hate me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

smemon wrote:
    jo2581.jpg

beat that, handpicked by myself for the other half ;) stunning if i do say so myself. there is no finer dress.
    I could; I would..

Rockerette wrote:
    i stand my my statement guys.

f!uck yis all if you're gonna be like that about it.

you clearly dont know me very well, im an unsociable whore, who hates going out with the intention to get completely pissed. i despise a lot of the people in my year, and i rarely enjoy going out with them.

but thats just me, its the way i am.

i had one of the best weekends ever there last weekend, cos the people i was with were so much fun, they dont drink to get drunk, they were just FUN. yeah theyre 3 years older, and it DOES make a difference..

i cna guarantee if i went on that exact weekend with my friends, i wouldnt have enjoyed it as much.

but yeah, as i general rule i dont like going out wiht people my own age, if that makes me a stupid cow, fine. im just ebing honest.

you dont know me at all guys, so just.. meh.

Funkstard, where does the wise and condescending outlook come into this??

god im fed up even bothering anymore. i really do have the mind of a 60 year old man clearly.

ah well, thats the way i am. and yeah.. meh.
    go on, hate me.

Wise because you have the cultured and experienced outlook of a few 21 year olds, condescending because you think you're better because you go out with people older than us, and for that you look down on people who went out and celebrated finishing the LC.

It's a shame every single 18 year old goes out with the sole intention of getting hammered though isn't it?

why do i think im better because i go out with them? all i said was i PREFER it.
    and its not a regular thing.. it was a once off..

lighten up guys, all i was saying was that i much prefer it..

ha, and trust me, i dont think it makes me better than anyone, just proves my own point that i don't get on very well with people my own age... its nothing more than that.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Funkstard: Pfft, that's because the lot of you are a bunch of alcos! Except me of course. I don't drink. Which of course makes me better than you all. ¬.¬ ;)

But I jest. Not all 18 year olds (well, I'm only 17, but still not going to drink ever :p) go out with the sole intention of getting hammered, just most. But I guess it's what one does at that age in our country, ne?

• Advertisement

I dunno, I don't care either. Just this line annoyed me;

"another teenager "we're so great we've finished the leaving cert" piss up?"

You're a teenager. You've just finished the LC.

.......yes.. i know.. but i dont think its like, the greatest thing ever.
    i finished the leaving cert, big deal..?

i just hate "OMG WE'VE FINISHED OUR EXAMS IM GONNA NOW BE PERMANANTLY LOCKED FOR A WEEK!!!"

seriously, its not that big a deal..

i really am just a boring person i guess.

not my kinda thing at all, but i hope you all had a great night anyways.

(bear in mind i tried to avoid my own debs.. ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Rockerette wrote:
    i just hate "OMG WE'VE FINISHED OUR EXAMS IM GONNA NOW BE PERMANANTLY LOCKED FOR A WEEK!!!"
    Most ppl who said that wer just sayin they wud or they just headed out 2 nites out of the hole week.
    Rockerette wrote:
    Now I taught our debs was a very good nite even tho it cut short by the fire alarm going off. But that was 6 months ago I have gotten over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Rockerette wrote:
    .......yes.. i know.. but i dont think its like, the greatest thing ever.
    i finished the leaving cert, big deal..?

seriously, its not that big a deal..

i really am just a boring person i guess.

not my kinda thing at all, but i hope you all had a great night anyways.

I hold the exact same opinion as your good self. That attitude annoys the hell out of me.

i agree with rockerette, most LC'ers are sheep who just look for an excuse to drink. it's a disgrace.

'oh, look at me, im cool, i drink :cool: hey look, im more loaded than you are, im going to oxygen and bringing 50 kegs of guinness........'

ive no time for sell-outs who drink to be accepted.

as a result, i have few real friends in my year. i dont have a problem with drink. i do have a problem with drinking because everyone else is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

smemon wrote:
    im going to oxygen and bringing 50 kegs of guinness........'

Really? Me too! Haha! Can't agree with ye lads, I don't drink to be cool and I have no problem with people who don't drink(i have a couple of friends that don't), but I love going out on a Saturday night filling up on cider and having a laugh with my friends, but hey that's just me!

eamoss wrote:
    Now I taught our debs was a very good nite even tho it cut short by the fire alarm going off. But that was 6 months ago I have gotten over it.

aah yeah it was grand... it was better than i thought it would be i suppose..
    i just wasnt really looking forward to it beforehand!

the fire alarm was a real bitch though :eek:

thank you smemon and Dagnir for not making me look like a complete oddball here
    *hi 5s*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

its. just. drink.

who. cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

smemon, you always tell your 'partner' what to wear?

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote:
    smemon, you always tell your 'partner' what to wear?

no :) however this is MY debs, we playt by MY rules :D i had no power last year for hers ;) so it's a reversal of roles.

Advertisement