Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

8 pm games France/Togo - Swiss/Sth Korea

• 23-06-2006 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Well any chance of a fabulous upset? France have to win by 2 goals to be sure I think but might it get tricky if Swiss and Korea have high score draw?

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I have Togo in the pools in work and I win €50 if they come dead last overall.

So i'm hoping France smash them 6-0!

Swiss and Korea game should be interesting, Swiss will want to top the group and Korea need goals to guarantee passage to the next phase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

have 30 quid on togo to win

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    have 30 quid on togo to win

Boo!!!!

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't care what happens as long as it's not a draw (meaning France can't win the group). No matter what form France are in, they'd be tough opposition for Italy if they get to the quarters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I backed the draw in the swiss game as part of a mulitple earlier but ukraine let me down for not winning the first half. Boo. However, I'm so convinced that the game will be a draw that I did it again. PP were offering 11-8 about the draw earlier...what's that all about??? 2-1 in Bruces and away we go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

w00t senderos with a headed goal for the swiss, he's on my fantasy footie team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Trez is just ****e, the amount of easy chances he has missed. Bring on Saha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

south korea really putting switzerland to the test at the end of 1st half. still 1-0 to swiss tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,510 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Did anyone just see the latest Swiss goal? the ref turns around when blowing the whistle and just slipped. Just random and seems funny

PHB wrote:

Can't believe they left him on the field for the full 90 minutes.
    And then to rub salt in Saha's wounds they bring on Govou and Wiltord, who were both shocking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I doubt the Spanish are too worried.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I shoulda gone into Bern to watch the match....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Swiss to beat Ukraine methinks.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Swiss to beat Ukraine methinks.

Mike.
    Agreed, and keep a clean sheet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Saw nothing how close was i to billions with Togo?

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Saw nothing how close was i to billions with Togo?

kdjac

They gave France a game for the first half, mostly thanks to the inspired Togo keeper.

France missed lots of chances, but Togo died off once France hit them with two quick goals.

Hard luck Kdjac!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

PHB wrote:
    I've seen Saha play with France quite a few times and I defo think him and Henry combine the best together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, Trez is just ****e for France.

Ultimately, I'm happy he's not playing for France, because all of the injuries he has had at United happened to him while in a France jersey, so i'd rather not risk it :P

Advertisement