Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful decision regarding ban of member

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I thought we were at war with Eurasia?
    DaveMcG wrote:
    Might wanna think about wearing a condom (not that I particularly care).
    I think we should care, unless he uses a method of contraception he might end up breeding. And we wouldn't want that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

amp wrote:
    Don't worry, you won't be remembered. You're just the latest in a long line of muppets who think that they are more important than the forums they frequent.

Phew. I appreciate that you've raised the tone here and started to dish out personal abuse. Can we close this now before it becomes a chump-bashing thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Can we make with the funny pictures and general derision on this thread yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Raphael wrote:
    I think we should care, unless he uses a method of contraception he might end up breeding. And we wouldn't want that...

lol true :p

Chump, get a vasectomy!

Just messin ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 VIM

rsynnott wrote:
    Freedom of speech on these things doesn't work; too many stupid people.

Still making idiotic statements, I see.

Judging by your poor attitude and the almost frothing-at-the-mouth distain of the regular poster, would lead me to the conclusion that you must be amp's understudy. I am sure that you are well on your way to getting that coveted mod badge pretty soon now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Shabadu wrote:

I asked for the owls two pages ago :)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/chump
    chump1 Audio pronunciation of "chump" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (chmp)
    n.

A stupid or foolish person; a dolt.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Shabadu wrote:
    Yeah, this thread is srsly lacking lafortezza.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

chump wrote:
    Phew. I appreciate that you've raised the tone here and started to dish out personal abuse. Can we close this now before it becomes a chump-bashing thread.

Oh, did I hurt you by implying that you are a muppet? Do you feel abused? Maybe you should go to Personal Issues and post about it. Oh wait, you can't, because you got banned for being a... oh what's an appropriate word... can anybody help me here? I think it begins with an "m"...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

chump wrote:
    :D
    Thats Dev. I must say I respect everything you've produced here and thankfully I've been here from year naught to experience the positive impact you've made upon irish internet usuage. Let's remember that good spirits and decency should be the foundation of a repectable internet communication.

Giving people fatally flawed medical device, even is jest, is hardy decent.
    chump wrote:
    While I may historically be remembered as a nuisance around these parts, I think it should be what I say and do that result in how I'm treated. And those who maltreated me will attest to their slanted view upon my opinion and that is what I proclaim as mistreatment.

PARSE ERROR. REDO FROM START.

VIM wrote:
    Still making idiotic statements, I see.

Judging by your poor attitude and the almost frothing-at-the-mouth distain of the regular poster, would lead me to the conclusion that you must be amp's understudy. I am sure that you are well on your way to getting that coveted mod badge pretty soon now.

Hmm, part of the pity of the search function having gone south is that it's hard to find out how I've offended this particular person. Have you ever visited a message board aimed at the general public with weak moderation? Did you enjoy it?

And I don't think the moany trolls who post feedback threads about being banned are the 'regular poster'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

rsynnott wrote:
    Hmm, part of the pity of the search function having gone south is that it's hard to find out how I've offended this particular person.

Not much to see really. Just your standard troll account with 6 posts. It would be more interesting to see what regular user it belongs to ;)

amp wrote:
    Oh, did I hurt you by implying that you are a muppet? Do you feel abused? Maybe you should go to Personal Issues and post about it. Oh wait, you can't, because you got banned for being a... oh what's an appropriate word... can anybody help me here? I think it begins with an "m"...

Implying? You said it. Maybe I'll write about it in my blog though! I wasn't sure there was a blog expansive enough to withhold my intellectual musings nor to constrain my superiority complex - luckily I've found one.

chump wrote:
    Implying? You said it. Maybe I'll write about it in my blog though! I wasn't sure there was a blog expansive enough to withhold my intellectual musings nor to constrain my superiority complex - luckily I've found one.

If you would attempt pretension, find out what the big words mean first.

rsynnott wrote:

rsynnott I try my best not to reply to your posts, and for a good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

chump wrote:

Huh? I've been to your blog and there's nothing there. What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

chump wrote:
    rsynnott I try my best not to reply to your posts, and for a good reason.

You didn't try hard enough.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Seems quite simple to me. The mod wanted to stop stupid advice being given on the forum, and apparantly the withdrawal method is 100% effective, so she withdrew his posting priviliges, seems to have worked too.

stevenmu wrote:
    Seems quite simple to me. The mod wanted to stop stupid advice being given on the forum, and apparantly the withdrawal method is 100% effective, so she withdrew his posting priviliges, seems to have worked too.
    ++rep

/me blows a kiss at Stevenmu

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Well I was just hoping for a *baddum-tish*, but that'll do :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

deleted

The above post was reported as it is abusive.

I thought weathercheck was banned anyway :?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

My god you've got to be the most annoying poster i have ever seen post
    on these boards.

You've got to love the irony of that though. :)

Chump was banned from PI...it wasn't a site ban. Surely if he felt so hard done by he could have started a thread here himself? *shrug*

The ban was totally justified and you just have to look at the guy's previous posts to see that he's little better than a troll.

I am sure he was from the weather forum not sure if it was a siteban...

My god you've got to be the most annoying poster i have ever seen post
    on these boards.

The alarming hostility here is because I was mean about his copyright violating website, I suspect.
    At least the mods here have the ability to laugh but you seem incapable

Eh?
    so perhaps you are dysfuntional in some way

Why, thank you.
    and perhaps this and your ignorance explains why you make assumptions

I have made no assumptions. And my ignorance of what, exactly? Sure-fire methods of contraception like he advises?
    about a poster who
    probably has far more life experience and intelligence than yourself:)

I... see. And you are making such assumptions why?
    Thaedydal wrote:
    The above post was reported as it is abusive.

Meh, this is feedback; it's more or less traditional.

Thaedydal wrote:
    I am sure he was from the weather forum not sure if it was a siteban...
    There's allusions to it in the banlist.

Tiny Tim was one of his alternate accounts. Looks like old news though, never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

rsynnott wrote:

I accept my previous post may have been abit out of order.

I am not in anyway a troll. I have been banned for a month from the
    weather forum for disagreements which are now sorted with Earthman
    over snow:D

But surely the above quote is itself only provocative and out of order itself.

I will leave now so you won't here from me on this thread again

Apologies;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

This is just getting silly now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Seemed like a pointless ban to me. But then again, its only another drop in the ocean.

BTW "100% effective in my experience" = I haven't gotten anyone pregnant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement