Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful decision regarding ban of member

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

This is getting a bit silly alright.
    I expressed a choice on a 'personal' forum, got unfairly banned for, then proceed to get further berated here on a thread I didn't start, get abused personally (which is reported but unresponded to), and am labelled here as a troll.

I think if the bulk of my posts on boards were measured any troll-like ones would be a drop in the ocean, and I often give what I'd regard as useful responses in PI, certainly no less grating than that of many regular posters - and in my opinion a refreshing difference of opinion some times.

Of course I accept in this instance that people found my differing 'opinion' a tad subversive - which it wasn't meant.
    I always assumed PI was a forum where people shared their opinion and advice from their experiences to help the OP's arrive at a solution to their issue.

Let's remember what I actually wrote here (with emphasis on the possessive form of I), and if I am going to be labelled a troll please can people point out my obvious troll-like behaviour.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I've already pointed out some of it on this thread. Do you understand that I personally find it unacceptable that you assert that the withdrawal method is 100% effective on our website?

ecksor wrote:
    I've already pointed out some of it on this thread. Do you understand that I find it personally unacceptable that you assert that the withdrawal method is 100% effective on our website?

Did you read my post?

"100% effective in my experience" - Do you understand how to qualify a statement?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I don't care. There's no reason to leave something like that there that may be misinterpreted on that subject, especially when your comment was unhelpful and annoying.

The point of this post (and the last) is that the PI mods are happy with the ban and I'm happy with their ban and not at all inclined to ask them to change their minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

chump wrote:
    Did you read my post?

"100% effective in my experience" - Do you understand how to qualify a statement?

come on, stop being a twat.

you knew what you were posting.

you got banned. you knew there was a risk of it when you posted.

we've both been around this website long enough to know better.

as for weathercheck, dude, get out and enjoy the sun. youre wasting far too much of your own time here.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Completely devoid of content now. I don't believe chump is a serious supporter of the type of "contraceptive" he suggested. I think he was trying to be funny and got slapped for a week... from one forum. As has been pointed out he's a valued member of the horse racing forum. Everything seems to be working fine in those terms.

DeV.

come on, stop being a twat.

you knew what you were posting.

you got banned. you knew there was a risk of it when you posted.

we've both been around this website long enough to know better.

as for weathercheck, dude, get out and enjoy the sun. youre wasting far too much of your own time here.

Tis a good point. I've wanted to leave this post a long time ago but people keep coming back with prize comments.
    TBH I'm banned, I can live with it. Thanks to anyone who supported me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

In any case, you were off-topic; withdrawal isn't a method of contraception at all.

chump wrote:
    Tis a good point. I've wanted to leave this post a long time ago but people keep coming back with prize comments.
    TBH I'm banned, I can live with it. Thanks to anyone who supported me :D

here, take your new mate weathergirl out for a pint.
    i think he needs to get out of the house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I think it's time to bring in the dancing monkeys:
    dancing_monkeys.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

chump wrote:
    Did you read my post?

what if some kid read that and was lead to believe it was safe?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They'd have a great time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

thats how you came to existance tar.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Wonder what the Catholic Church would think of this fiasco.

Is this not the method of contraception they would be eager to use along with timed monthly cycles.

I thought they would prefer this method hand over fist......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Chief--- wrote:
    Sorry, but I read that wrongly the first time:eek::cool::rolleyes:

I've read the 1st page, and tbh, I think Thaedydal did the right thing, but what does cause me conern, is the way users think they have rights here, that they should be treated fairly, etc. Its not a democracy, girls. Live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

The Catholic Church is not interested in any type of contraception so they're probably big fans of the withdrawal method, which is for stupid people who:

A: Want to have babies
    B: Like getting messy
    C: Enjoy std's

But enough already, that chump doesn't really understand the purpose of Personal Issues is beyond question. This thread needs more cowbell.

Cowbell2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Chief--- wrote:
    Wonder what the Catholic Church would think of this fiasco.

Is this not the method of contraception they would be eager to use along with timed monthly cycles.

No, no, catholics wouldn't like it at all. It's onanism, don't-cha-know, just as sinful as using a condom, but also ineffective and STD-tastic.

rsynnott wrote:
    No, no, catholics wouldn't like it at all. It's onanism, don't-cha-know, just as sinful as using a condom, but also ineffective and STD-tastic.

i completely fail to see how sexual intercourse is onanism.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i completely fail to see how sexual intercourse is onanism.
    It's not the sexual intercourse, it's the withdrawal...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

He means the withdrawal method is onanism.

• Advertisement

ah. i see.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I endorse this banning and/or service.

Abuse of power for the win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement