Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia E70

• 23-06-2006 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I contacted vodafone asking whan they are releasing the e70, they it would be june and as its coming to the end of june, does anyone know who works for vodafone or knows about these things the exact date for it.Want to know cos I'm ready to buy a vodafone v1240 but I might wait for this!

regards

Damo

P.s Cant believe vodafone are not releasing the n80!:eek:....muppets!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

dunno i reckon itll be my next phone too tho when i chnage my n70, id like the e60 but it has no camera!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tonylee

talked to vodafone yesterday who say delay is due to "problems with software" no doubt this means the vodafone software they insist on installing on the phone. they say the phone is ot for testing now and should be in the shops by the end of August. let's hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

wow you managed to get an answer from, been constantly asking them about it but never have a release date!
    cant wait to get my greasy mitts on them ...but been reading on allaboutsymbian.com that its having ram probs when opening the flip, you lose around 7mb of the precious stuff...hopefully that will be fixed.
    had ram probs on my 6680 basically i couldn't multitask on the bloody thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tonylee

first i heard about that RAM prob, must look it up. if the phone doesn't appear by end of Aug I think I might go to 02 and try the XDA mini,heard there is new 3g one coming out soon. not sure if I can get used to the size of it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

tonylee wrote:
    first i heard about that RAM prob, must look it up. if the phone doesn't appear by end of Aug I think I might go to 02 and try the XDA mini,heard there is new 3g one coming out soon. not sure if I can get used to the size of it though.
    Its possible but the most probable reason is the VF software that they put on the phone, it is the main reason for so many delays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

swalsh wrote:
    Its possible but the most probable reason is the VF software that they put on the phone, it is the main reason for so many delays
    i'd say your right about the vodafone software..it could worse vodafone could be like orange.co.uk where they cripple the phone of its feature..lobbing in their own video and music player etc, i've had the 6680,n70 all on vodafone and dont find there software obtrusive, change the phone theme and your grand!!
    being looking more into the ram problem apparently its prob with symbian os v3..its effecting the e61,e70,n91,n80 etc, programs are leaking memory all over the shop here's a few links: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/item/Nokia_E70_Review.php and http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=224637

ahhh sure f**k it..still gonna get one!!

Advertisement