Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loco Roco

• 23-06-2006 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Can't get the tune out of my head :D Game is cute, I quite like exploding the big guy and watching all the little guys singing.

Is it Japanese or just made up music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFKpyScxv0k

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Great little game...kinda weird though. Infectious music....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hobbes wrote:
    Can't get the tune out of my head :D Game is cute, I quite like exploding the big guy and watching all the little guys singing.

Is it Japanese or just made up music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFKpyScxv0k

Its a Japanese genre called J-rock. Definitely very funny and interesting.

Great game too. IG review can be read at http://www.irishgamer.ie/reviews.php?id=27&page=1

Its great the game is so bright because it is one of the few titles that doesn't suffer from the PSP's perpetually dark screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

The singing isnt in Japanese. Its just Gibberish. Damn catchy Gibberish though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

played the demo last month and i feel in love with it. I will definitely be buying it when i get paid again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

just downloaded this today on the kid's psp's and have been playing it for the last two hours , very fun and adictive . will be picking it up for sure .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Does anyone know if there's any plans to release on anything other than PSP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭lardboy

Can't. Get. Song. Out. Of. Head.

Kill! Kill! Die! Die!!!!!!

Arrrrgh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Slice wrote:
    Does anyone know if there's any plans to release on anything other than PSP?

None so far and I would imagine Sony will keep this one PSP exclusive. I couldn't see it working on a console that isn't portable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

But it looks so completely splendid and unfortunately the PSP is complete pants. I don't need any fingers to count the number of people I know who own one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Slice wrote:
    But it looks so completely splendid and unfortunately the PSP is complete pants. I don't need any fingers to count the number of people I know who own one.

you know no one who has a PSP but can deduct that it's pants? it can't be that bad if you want one of it's games to be ported to ps2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

its such a good game! nintendo eat your heart out!

it really is a fun game and one thats very addictive. top quality cant wait to get my psp

Slice wrote:

Try actually using the device. :rolleyes: They probably can't afford to own one.

I bought the full game.. I finally found something to get me off the Texas Hold'em addiction.

Excellent game, very fun to play. Some notes on it.
    - Usual game. Up to world 4.
    - You can find power ups for your house and cash and mini-games in the levels. Also other characters to play.
    - Got two of the mini games so far. One is like that crane game in arcades, the second one is test of aiming/power skills.
    - The houses you can build contain special bits. You basically build the bits of the house to get your rocos to get to the powerups. It plays like Lemmings.

- You can upload 2 demo levels to another PSP via wireless to someone who doesn't have the game.

- Multiplayer I haven't tried yet.

Music is horribly addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

have to say i agree that the game is addivtive, i bought it for my wife yesterday and technically it her game so i have to wait for her to finish the levels before i can play and beat her scores.

simple and fun, why cant life be like that all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

is it worth the upgrade and losing homebrew - you need 2.71 to play it right?

Well I've beaten the main game. Killed the end guy and watched the trailer.

I have gotten every loco you can find and I have 4 houses and I've managed to complete them all (got every item till it wrapped around).

I have 2 of the mini games only though. Don't know how to activate the other mini games. I think you have to collect certain muimuis.

So for game play its very short.

voxpop wrote:
    is it worth the upgrade and losing homebrew - you need 2.71 to play it right?

DONT upgrade! it only needs 2.6 to run the game and a new devhook came out yesterday that emulates FW upto 2.6.

also the iso of the game is patched so you can just run it off 2.5 like im doing at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

thats good news - so I only need 2.6 for the game, all the demos state 2.71 - bit of a sneaky trick by sony then

BTW does emulating the firmware have performance impacts ?

ya it takes awhile longer to load games but its not a massive increase in the time maybe a few seconds longer but you must remember your getting free games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Must get this game over the weekend. That song is a bit crazy alright. But you're talking about the country where this has been top of the music charts for the last month or so:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5PAkntjs5M&search=The%20Melancholy%20of%20Haruhi%20Suzumiya
    It's a very bizarre show, even for an anime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

downloaded the demo yesterday

a truely odd but brilliant game. will buy it asap

Advertisement