Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth transfers rejected by phone.

• 23-06-2006 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I bought a bluetooth usb dongle from shop4memory to transfer some games to a sagem my401x.

Windows installed the dongle fine. It seems to allow the phone transfer files also.

The problem is that the phone is rejecting all transfers once the pc has them sent and (seemingly) transfered to the phone.

I'm pretty sure the files are compatible as I managed to download and use a game from getjar.com via wap.
    The same file was rejected when transferred via bluetooth.

Any ideas?

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

ok, I fixed my own problem.
    I'll post it up in case anybody is interested.

It turns out my phone only accepts games downloaded from wap.
    It rejects bluetooth transfers.
    I'm guessing this is common on many phones.

The solution is to upload the .jar game files to zedge.net.
    They then allow you to download your files to your phone over wap.

My current problem now is that the game I tried (Bombjack) is only allowing me see 1/4 of the the playing field on my full screen. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Only symbian/uiq phones accept jar files sent via bluetooth. For other phones you need to either download them via wap or use a cable and phone manager....

bombjack is probably meant for some other phone, what size screen is the 401x? Try downloading generic java games (which are usually basic and crap) or find a phone with the same resolution and try games designed for that handset. Any sagem games should work but I don't think any of the other sagem phones that support java apps have the same size screen

Cheers for the reply HavoK :)
    The screen is 128x160

I think I'll upgrade again to a phone that has better java support.
    I'd love to get a symbian phone but they all seem to be blocky and heavy.
    Are there any less than 100g?

I notice you seem to have had quite a few phones with gaming in mind.... any pointers?

The 750i seems fairly light but with decent features, not sure how good it would be for games though.

Cheers.

Nokia Symbian is the only way to go for gaming. Java can be decent on the K750i and any other phone that supports java but the Symbian platform is leaps and bounds ahead. Doom, Duke Nukem, Carmadeggon, Online via gprs capable first person shooters, Emulators, the list is endless....

Pretty much any Nokia Symbian phone that has memory card support (except the 3650 which has crappy ram) will run all Symbian games.

The N-Gage is brilliant for playing symbian games due to the layout but if you're looking for an actual phone as well as a games device it's fairly useless. :)

There was a big thread I posted in recently with a huge list of games and all that, but I can't find it now...

Yeah I figured ngage might be the way to go.
    A little bit chunky though.
    How did you get on with the 6600 for gaming?
    The emulators are the most appealing aspect for me I'd say.

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement

The 6600 is good for games, better then the 6630/6680 due to the joystick really, makes a decent difference. Still though, the N-Gage is by far the best - playing emulators especially is great on the N-Gage.

I play games casually enough on my 6600, Doom co-op with a friend, few games here and there of various fightrng/action games, its grand for messing about when on the bus, doing nothing else, etc.

i would really go for the n-gage though.....especially if your gonna be playing n-gage games, they work alright in most cases on the 6600 but the control scheme can be a real pain trying to press buttons and use joystick above them, bit of a tight squeeze.

I'll try and find an ngage somewhere I reckon.
    I'll dig out your old thread for a look.

Thanks again. :)

Advertisement