Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unicycles

Options
  • 24-06-2006 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

unicycles? ya know...those things ya see clowns at the circus with. anyways i've seen a few hanging round bike shops (cycleways and one on camden st.) i think theyre going for round 130euro and they sound like a laugh.
    inevitably i'm thinking of getting one soonish. does anyone have any experience with them or know of better offers round town? or even what to upgrade once aquired, ie pedals/seatpost/saddle/whatever

wud appreciate advice, anything really cos im unfamiliar with these type of mechanical propulsion device thingies. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

Why spend money on a unicycle when you can just as easily and far more stylishly make you own:
    http://www.mudluvers.0catch.com/images/gallery/uni.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

I have seen new ones going cheap on ebay. One seller st johns cycles in the UK sells them, sometimes they go very cheap since nobody bids, think they are decent quality. BUT I did see he said it went to UK only, I reckon if you emailed him he would go to ireland though, I got stuff from them no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

You can buy commuter unicycles you know....

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

And lets not forget that you have some nutters who can be found in places like Vancouver's North Shore on them...

(I'm pretty sure this is on Fromme - oh wait, indeed it is, I just saw the page title!)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Get out of here ye crusties! Go on, scat! We dont care much for your types round here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

i've a 24" polished chrome unicycle gathering dust at home. i picked it up in germany after seeing guys commuting along tramlines on one. thought i might give it a go. anyway, never got the hang of it and would part with it for about 100ish quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

cyco wrote:
    i've a 24" polished chrome unicycle gathering dust at home. i picked it up in germany after seeing guys commuting along tramlines on one. thought i might give it a go. anyway, never got the hang of it and would part with it for about 100ish quid

Thread moved to After Hours - Clown forum! :D

Advertisement