Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much umph?

Options
  • 24-06-2006 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Not 2 hours ago i took a hefty dog fox at about 35 yds using my AL391 and Alpamax BB's. Nothing unusal there you might say, but the thing is when i took the shot the muzzle jumped at least a foot i got some powder blasted in my face and hand(very mild) a great big black shoulder and a fox looking more like he'd had a run in with a bouncing betty than my BB.
    In the past i had the odd dodgy cartridge, but this was more like letting rip a 3.5 magnum Zabala set on simultaneous discharge. any of you ever had the same sort of experience???:(

Hezz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

A thight choke would hardly cause this???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Sounds like a somwhat overloaded cartridge caused by poor quality control.
    Either that or your gun has got some headspace problems.If it is the gun,check the empty cartridge case for either a very deformed primer,or the primer being pusghed out of it's pocket,or in to a competant gunsmith for a headspace check.If not,take the ammo back to the dealer explain what happened to you,tell him to get in contact with the distributor and Eley,as they might want to do a product recall on that batch of ammo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭17REM

only when pushed a mates selector switch to the middle and the two 3" magnums went off together while had gun mounted into my arm instead of my shoulder!! had the bruise for about a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

,take the ammo back to the dealer explain what happened to you,tell him to get in contact with the distributor and Eley,as they might want to do a product recall on that batch of ammo.

i had already used about half the box before so hopefully its a once off thing, but i agree with what you say. i really don't think i have a headspace issue though. the gun is only 2 years old and extreamely well minded but i am getting it checked out cos i was worried that it might have been damaged by overpressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

17REM wrote:
    only when pushed a mates selector switch to the middle and the two 3" magnums went off together while had gun mounted into my arm instead of my shoulder!! had the bruise for about a month!

I'll let ya try some 3.5 inch magnums Rem, lotta fun when you're holding the gun wrong :D

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭17REM

johngalway wrote:
    I'll let ya try some 3.5 inch magnums Rem, lotta fun when you're holding the gun wrong :D

John
    wont catch me holdin wrong again!!

Advertisement