Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park n' ride facilities....... why not?

Options
  • 24-06-2006 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

There are rumours of park n' ride facilities in north drogheda, grange rath (on piece of empty ground at colpe), bettystown(off narroways road)..... I'm assuming no station but just a place to park and platform to get on train.......

Anyone heard anything ... ..... or is this just wishful thinking?! personally, I think they are a great idea......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

i'm not from the area but have heard a romour alright. also heard the locals in the estate (some at least) are not too happy with the idea, lowers the tone of the area. i think the logic behind it is the lack of parking at the train station and would be a good idea for people.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=313210&referrerid=&highlight=grange+rath

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

I drove past the piece of land at the back of the grange rath estate - beside Colpe Road.... I don't reckon its a park and ride ... there looks like some buildings are being built there - seems to be maybe a little estate?.. anyone know...

back to the Park n' Rides.... I'm all for them.....we've got to move with the times..... personally one in Bettystown would be great for me.... its a mare trying to get parking in Laytown/Drogheda .... .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Havent heard anything about this.
    The little bit of land behind grange rath is phase 3 of the development, i.e apartments etc.
    We really need more carparks in drogheda at affordable day rates!!!

Advertisement